Dont hate me cause I'm a rookie

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bloomberg, Oct 11, 2007.

1. This is my first post here but I've been reading posts for a while now. I've also been reading posts at other internet message boards and noticed that they all share a mutual feeling toward stockbrokers. The word stockbroker has almost come to have the same feeling as "used car salesman" ... is it just me? I work at a firm in NY, just a cold caller for now, but hoping to pass my series 7 soon. I must say it's pretty discouraging reading these message boards that talk about the days of the stockbroker being over, I get a good ammount of leads and have only been doing it for a few weeks, no prior sales experience, Im amazed at how a little psycology goes a long way.

My question is, why is there so much hate out there for stockbrokers? They talk about them as if they were the village idiots ... like they're doomed? Am I missing something here? At the firm that I work at, you meet guys handling 50 million dollar accts. ... making 90g's a month ... 20 g;s a month, and it's just a small firm, nothing special ... on top of it being a small firm, they get 90% of their business from europe ... across the damn sea people are sending in money as if this was the gold rush. maybe I work for a good firm I don't know. can anyone tell me what's going on here?