Don't fall into the fallacy of hard work: you actually make money for waiting.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Feb 1, 2008.

1. if there aren't good trading opportunities you might as well find another profession. I place just about the same amount of trades everyday, and it really doesn't vary too much

#11     Feb 3, 2008
  2. You are new to the Corporate world, aren't you?

or maybe you belong to this category

'She works hard for the money, so hard for the money,,,':p

#12     Feb 3, 2008
  3. neke

neke

Hard work is still needed to sort out the junk each day to see whether there is a pearl somewhere.

#13     Feb 3, 2008
  4. my trading varies, depends on your target market, your risk, lots of stuff. lately not much for me, usually once/week

#14     Feb 3, 2008
  5. Who says so?

LC

#15     Feb 3, 2008
  6. "It was never the thinking that made the big money for me, it was the sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!"

#16     Feb 4, 2008
  7. LT701

LT701

an 85 year old quote from someone who'd know

#17     Feb 4, 2008
  8. If you dont know what you are doing, the sitting tight could lead to big losses :)

#18     Feb 4, 2008
  9. Readers often mistake "sitting tight" as holding on to a position. But Livermore explained in How to Trade Stocks that this meant staying out of the market.

#19     Feb 4, 2008
  10. I see what you are saying but then the quote doesnt make sense to me. Because staying out of the market isnt a way to make big money. The quote says "it was never the thinking that made me the big money.......its my sitting tight". To me, this implies holding a position you have conviction in. Staying out of the market is a way to avoid big losses but cannot be a way to make big money. See what I mean?

#20     Feb 4, 2008