Don't Defend Yourself In California Or Else

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 24, 2013.

1. That doesn't make it ok, which is why I'm saying they need to be fucking fired (in this case for looking out for their job, instead of DOING their job). Your are innocent until proven guilty in the USA. Assuming the facts are correct, and I don't see how they could be wrong, the police walk into an apmt and there is someone dead. The family proves they live there, the dead guy doesn't. You see signs of forced entry ask witnesses what happened etc. It should be obvious right then and there that the intruder was killed legally and rightfully so. You don't arrest the shooter and interrogate him because he needs to prove he's innocent. LOL this ain't the USSR bro and that isn't the way our justice system works, end of story.

#51     Jun 25, 2013
  2. I never said it was ok,I don't think its ok but thats the reality imo.I fully support responsible gun owners and gun owners who shoot in legitimate self defense situations and do everything they can to avoid having to shoot someone.I cant stand irresponsible wannbe cop gun owners like Zimmerman who could have avoided the entire situation by staying in his car and waiting for police.

#52     Jun 25, 2013
  3. It might be the reality in this one case in liberal candyland CA but that isn't how the law works, this is an outlier and might have nothing at all to do with the zimmerman case, that is just a giant assumption that you made to try and prove your point. Even the police etc have to abide by the law and when they abuse their authority they need to suffer consequences.

#53     Jun 25, 2013
  4. jem

jem

In California you are allowed defend yourself with deadly force if you are in threat of great bodily injury. (this is the short version there are always exceptions)

Also, typically you are allowed to protect another with the amount of force that other person can use.

So if his son was being attacked and in fear he was being killed or maimed... the use of deadly force is in theory justified.
    ---

However a bunch of drunks breaking in... seems like a pretty fishy story.

I have seen cops give plenty of leeway in CA to home defenders because they know jurors and the public do.

I know there was one guy who was on a year long crime spree in Pacific Beach San Diego back in the 90s.
    Apparently he also had a violent enocounter in a home he broike into.

He was eventually shot dead.
    One cop told us that it looked like he was shot while running away because it looked like he was dragged back into the house...

But the D.A. never prosecuted the homeowner.

#54     Jun 25, 2013
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

A 911 dispatcher told me once that "We don't need you to do that"..... but I still ran across the street to my neighbor's house which was on fire from a lightening strike and pounded on the door till they woke up and got out of the house.

"We don't need you to do that" is not in any way law enforcement legally ordering you not to do something.

// Now if my wife would only say "We don't need you to do that" when I offer to take out the trash or mow the lawn.

#55     Jun 25, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Kudos to the D.A.

A criminal POS is a criminal POS, who cares where they took a bullet? So long as they stop one somewhere near center mass.

#56     Jun 25, 2013
  7. There are few absolutes in life, but this is one. If you break into my home at 3am one of us is going to die. Maybe both of us, but one for sure. If it's you and me, I'll consider that a win. If it's just me, my worries are over. If it's you, I'll happily take my chances with at least one jury member having a FUCKING BRAIN.

#57     Jun 25, 2013
  8. wjk

wjk

+1...and it doesn't have to be 3am. 24/7.

#58     Jun 25, 2013
  9. Max E.

Max E.

funny how it never works that way......

More likely scenario, when you come home late after a night of drinking with buddies, and you try to get a piece, "I don't need you to do that"

#59     Jun 26, 2013