Dont' Ask, Don't Tell, Don't hire a hitman

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock777, Nov 23, 2010.

1. The popes are spinning like dervishes.

US Priest Arrested In Plot To Kill Sex Abuse Victim
    Last update: 11/23/2010 8:00:39 PM
    CHICAGO (AFP)--A Roman Catholic priest has been charged with trying to hire someone to murder a Texas teenager who accused him of sexual abuse two years ago, local media reported Tuesday.
    Father John Fiala, 52, was arrested by state troopers Thursday after he negotiated the hit with an undercover agent, the San Antonio Express-News reported citing county and state officials.
    The investigation began after a neighbor tipped off the sheriff of a nearby county.
    "I received a call from an unnamed informant who was having problems with the way Fiala was acting," Edwards County Sheriff Don Letsinger told the paper.
    The neighbor "had been solicited (to commit the murder) himself, and he didn't want anything to do with that," Letsinger said, adding that Fiala allegedly offered the neighbor $5,000 to kill the teen.
    "I have to honestly say that I didn't expect this development," the sheriff said.
    "I really was kind of surprised that he would stick his neck out this far and talk to people he didn't even know about having someone murdered."
    Letsinger and a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety did not immediately return requests for comment.
    Fiala is being held in a Dallas County jail on one count of solicitation to commit murder and two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child after a judge set bail at $700,000, the paper reported on its website.
    He was indicted in September on four counts of sexually assaulting the then-16-year-old boy in a rural county west of San Antonio in 2008.
    The boy--who said he was raped at gunpoint--filed a lawsuit last spring accusing several branches of the Catholic church of covering up past abuse by Fiala.
    Fiala was removed from active ministry in October 2008 after the church was informed of his relationship with the boy by law enforcement.
    The boy's attorney said his client is relieved that Fiala is back in custody.
    "Fiala had threatened him with physical violence and threatened to kill him before, and he was very afraid of that," Tom Rhodes told the Express-News.
    "My client wasn't happy that Fiala was trying to recruit someone to kill him, but he's happy Fiala is in jail now."
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    November 23, 2010 20:00 ET (01:00 GMT)

2. Picaso

Picaso

Yep, he's definitely Catholic :D :p