Don't Americans see it?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by studyandtrade, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jem

jem

I agree the out of control spending by congress on stupid non infrasturcture crap is killing me.

#31     Jan 13, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

You can be one if you want!! Just kidding, I was just recommending that people check their sources, I have commie friends, they are cool people, I love 'em.

#32     Jan 13, 2006
  3. jem

jem

I think I quoted the wrong post.

#33     Jan 14, 2006
  4. smallfil

smallfil

Studyandtrade,

You seem to be missing the fact that when goods are cheap----exports increase!!!
    If you live in the United States, you only have to look at China to see how well they are doing. Even though, their standard of living is lower----people make more than they used to which would also feed a consumption frenzy.
    The fact that US goods will be cheap compared to European goods will help US companies. Our exports will increase and our companies will do better!!!
    As any investor, I will be reacting to what the best investment prospects there are in my opinion.
    It seems to me that you have a huge position in gold which has gone up quite a bit. Any run up in prices will see some corrections and anyone who does not see that is probably blind.
    Prices are a reflection of what it should be at this very point of time----now whether it is over valued or under valued is for the investor to determine!!!
    One other thing, if prices are going against you----don't you thing you are wrong?
    Being bull headed, I have paid the price when I was wrong and did not change my opinion----the losses sure woke me up!!! I thing you are trying to rationalize your mistakes which will only hurt you!!!

#34     Jan 14, 2006
  5. smallfil

smallfil

>>>>That should have been, I think (typo)

#35     Jan 14, 2006
  6. DrChaos

DrChaos

A weaker currency is good if, and only if, you are a powerful and dominant exporter.

The US is losing its exportability.

Already, the VC's in Silicon Valley are funding startups which---from the very start---have all their technical production capability overseas.

This is simply a transfer of US-capital and wealth to other nations.

Think about it this way. Chad has a weak currency, too.

#36     Jan 15, 2006
  7. smallfil,

Do you see exports increase? I see the US trade deficit getting bigger and bigger instead; despite the declining $!

#37     Jan 15, 2006
  8. Im just curious have you even checked the yearly charts for $ vs Euro and Yen? Dollar been rallying for the last year, where were all the doom & gloom en masse when the dollar was making lows.

Very funny.

#38     Jan 15, 2006
  9. The markets tend not to pay attention to personal opinions, they are contrarian by nature. Don't argue with the market or you'll get wiped out.

#39     Jan 15, 2006
  10. What exactly does the US export anymore; grain & rice! Oh yeah, and our jobs!

#40     Jan 16, 2006