Don't Americans see it?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by studyandtrade, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jem, when was the $ at it's highest level? In 2001?? Or somewhere in the early 70's at 4 DM.

#11     Jan 13, 2006
  2. And every cab driver will tell you he is putting his money in the stock market.

#12     Jan 13, 2006
  3. We don't really have a choice, we have to favor bankers as we don't have manufacturers and exporters any more, we manufacture nothing, we export nothing (well, maybe democracy :)), our huge and growing trade deficit regardless of dollar exchange rates is the best evidence of that.

#13     Jan 13, 2006
  4. craneman

craneman

I don't care if the market goes up for the next 5 years or goes down the $hitter. Just bring me back the volatility. This narrow range is really boring. So in a way I hope you're right, since when a bubble pops it deflates quickly.

But my crystal ball broke years ago and ever since then I've given up predicting the markets and learned to go along for the ride. I'd rather make money than be right and besides I've haven't heard of many rich and successful fortune tellers.

#14     Jan 13, 2006
  5. Nice. Another Doom and Gloomer, sky is falling poster. Dude, get out of the house, dont be so paranoid and fearful. Take a shower, have a cup of coffee and think what is so good in the land of plenty, not what is so bad.

#15     Jan 13, 2006
  6. balda

balda

I think person that you've quoted implied exactly same thing.

#16     Jan 13, 2006
  7. craneman, i fully agree. It isn't my intention to predict anything but I like to know how people react if confronted with the obvious. By the way, a good article on the subject is: http://www.comstockfunds.com/index....t Commentary&newsletterid=1218&menugroup=Home

#17     Jan 13, 2006
  8. Heh...was wondering about that myself.

Actually, I made a mistake and confused Studyandtrade with the idiot "energytradeus". My apologies for the smart comment to "studyandtrade".

#18     Jan 13, 2006
  9. dac8555

dac8555

1. are you really a hairdresser?
    2. it is good to be optimistic...but look at all the "buy and hold" people that kepts saying "i will buy more...it will come back"...and went along their marry ways. If you dont realize what is REALLY going on outside your own personal bubble, you can screw yourself and your family pretty badly. It is important to understand what the potential consequesces can be so you are prepared for them IF they come.

#19     Jan 13, 2006
  10. 1. yes
    2. you are right you should consider the downside too, but not dwell on it.

#20     Jan 13, 2006