Don's real time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Apr 24, 2002.

1. I thought I might put up some intraday notes from time to time, if there is any interest. (I moved this from the "back to trading" thread)...see if we have some interest.

Simple things, like right now we have a minor break down in the futures, below the psycological 1100 number...this should cause a quick sell off...a re=grouping, a bounce back up...and then (IMO) a flattening by the end of the day.

I don't trade in very long time frames, so I can't tell you what's going to happen, but I can interpret what is happening, if you think it might help.

Let me know if there is any interest..don't want to bug anyone...

Don

2. i'll read your thread don. go right ahead and post away...

3. It seems that my instincts were about right for the last hour or so today, after breaking down through 1100 S&P.

We are now "under water" with the Prem, and the actual spot (future lower than actual spot)....we'll see how the openings sets up tomorrow.

Don

4. aura0663

aura0663

Mr. Bright -this sounds very interesting to hear from a seasoned veteran intraday. I sat in on the ET chat room two days this week, and since this will benefit real time people( as opposed to reading it later)-why don't you consider posting in the chat room

5. "We are now "under water" with the Prem, and the actual spot (future lower than actual spot)....we'll see how the openings sets up tomorrow. "

DON is there any actual relationship between where prem closed and where market opens.seems like things change too much overnight.

6. I haven't tried the chat room yet....I may do that...I'll check it out...

Don

7. This can be very deceptive...and is yet another reason not to trade much (if at all) after hours. By tomorrow morning, there will likely be a whole new set of circumstances.

Don

8. Another psychological point (like yesterday's 1100 on the S&P) was broken.

OK (no real brilliance here, just how we look at things)....more often than not, we will show weakness, then "flatline" for a while. We will see 2-4 point Spoo moves, up and down, caused by "knee jerk" concerns from the short sellers. The "sell programs" have alreadiy kicked in, and cut off.

We will see several...."drops" again, during the day. Your tick chart will show some cool moves most of the day. Don't get caught up in the (minor) hysteria, either way.

These days are usually "day trading paradise" - especially compared to the relatively low intraday volatility of late.

Don

9. Just for the heck of it, I have logged into the elite chat room, and we'll see how many join in. I can post up some "logical" tape reads and market notes, and perhaps even some trades (I'm checking with my Compliance Officer about that)...this may be of some help on a real time basis....You might want to check the notes from earlier today, they seem to be right on so far....I always watch and listen to the futures to keep a current feel for the immediate market, watch the divergence/convergence of sectors, etc. for intraday plays....

Don