Don's Openings, Part 6 2003

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #31     Jan 13, 2003

2. is that you in the picture 77?

#32     Jan 13, 2003
  3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

4. What makes you think Bright traders would be interested in new technology?

#34     Jan 13, 2003
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Hmmm...

Guess that's bait that you're pulling outta that hole. I can see you're waiving it around now, looking for someone to take it.
    :p

#35     Jan 13, 2003
  6. Don,

Is a .8 envelope

8 percent (0.08)

or is it

.8 of one percent (0.008)

?

Thanks

#36     Jan 13, 2003
  7. and is it each side, or is it half of the envelope for each side?

#37     Jan 13, 2003
  8. DaveN

DaveN

It's 8/10 ths of one percent. It's applied to each side, as in .008 above and .008 below the calculated fair opening price of the stock.

#38     Jan 13, 2003
  9. OK, as we said "back to normal"....I hope.
    For those who sent emails about my health concerns, thank you!! I had my "TEE" test (TraechealElectroCardiogram) (sp?), and it turns out that the heart valve replaced last May is leaking, but not too bad....this is actually good news, since they thought they may have to "back in" through my chest. So all is well for a while longer.....big "load off my chest" (lol)....

OK, only 2 fills today with a .8 (of one percent) envelope. Made about 13 cents ($260)......

Want to thank all of the Elite Traders, including Baron, who came by to visit in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend. Real small turnout, but those who showed up seemed to be really interested in trading (as opposed to the "investor types."

Back to you all tomorrow....

Don

#39     Jan 14, 2003
  10. OK, pretty straight forward today. Filled on 5 stocks, using a .7 envelope. Profits on all 5, about $750 (37 cents).

Wish they were all this easy.

I did make a mistake I should warn you all about. I placed my "slingshot" cover order in GE at 25.70, but actually covered a bit higher, and forgot to cancel it....gave back a few pennies, but still "green" for GE.

Be sure to cancel all your orders before heading off to other trading....don't let this happen to you.

Don

#40     Jan 15, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.