Don's Openings, Part 6 2003

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would direct this to "def" if he is lurking around. Perhaps the order wasn't in soon enough, or perhaps there was a problem with the routing. It is my understanding that IB does (most broker don't) allow these orders. Be sure the order did not exceed margin requirements or your personal "profile" ( I'm sure you checked that already, just trying to help).

DEF?? any thoughts?

Don

#21     Jan 8, 2003
  2. You're doing well....keep up your consistency, and move the share size up slowly. I don't want to read (in the future)...."I did so well, and then I got killed in one day" (due to excessive size).

It seems that you're going about this in the right way (I wish all my traders did)....

:)

Don

PS...I had no fills, 2 days in a row....I will "tighten up" tomorrow....

#22     Jan 8, 2003
  3. def

def Sponsor

To be honest I have no clue. There could be a number of factors but without details of exactly when and how the order was entered, I couldn't say. Perhaps it was just our black box saying - DON"T DO IT - BAD TRADE :). Given that is unlikely, if it happens again, send full details of the order to the help desk. They'll research the audit trail and either point out what was done wrong or if they don't see anything that was wrong, esculate the issue to programming.

#23     Jan 8, 2003
  4. docarzt

docarzt Guest

Thanks all!

I will modify my software to alert me immediately if this happens again.
    Next time it happens I will contact the help desk.

#24     Jan 9, 2003
  5. NYNY

NYNY

1 fill
    1 win
    only 40 beans

#25     Jan 9, 2003
  6. 7 fills, 4 winners, 3 losers....minus $700 for the morning....with school here....bummer....it happens.....got a bit stubborn with LEH.....

Back to you tomorrow....

Don

#26     Jan 9, 2003
  7. NYNY

NYNY

4 fills
    2 wins
    $140.59

lowered my size to 600.

#27     Jan 10, 2003
  8. Back to normal, athough small. 2 fills, 2 winners ...up $800.....txn short, leh long.

This was "textbook" for two reasons. Even though we had a bid "down" opening, I was filled on the short sale of TXN, which then went straight down. Secondly, the large "gap" was exaggerated in many stocks, with a nice rebound. I "coulda" had a smaller envelope (and more fills)....but we did ok....made up for yesterday.

Don

#28     Jan 10, 2003
  9. NYNY

NYNY

Hey Don did you adjust your env for LEH. I think they had some news out.

#29     Jan 10, 2003
  10. Don,
    Do you only do opening orders during the trading day? Do you trade anything else during the actual trading day?? Maybe a little fre-fnm, aol or pvn, what do you do these days. Hows bootcamp??

Inmate451

#30     Jan 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.