Don's Openings, Part 6 2003

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks Corey for the insight.

#1091     Dec 31, 2003
  2. BigMike

BigMike

Lescor,

You are the poster boy for the old saying that "winners keep records, losers don't have to". I am also a meticulous recordkeeper and have found that it gives me the confidence to press the winners and totally avoid the losers and know when a stock becomes one or the other.

Best of luck in 2004. Hope the bashers keep bashing the opening play!

BigMike

#1092     Dec 31, 2003
  3. -------------------------------------------
    Out of my 3 bads days this month. One day was specific stock related where I had 2 stocks gap 50 cents or more away on me. No chance to do anything.

The second day I screwed up and did not follow my exit discipline and I let my losers build on me as the whole market turned against me. I convinced myself that it was going to reverse back but it didn't.

The third day it was stock specific again but my blunder for not taking out stocks with earnings out of my program.

#1093     Dec 31, 2003
  4. ROFL....I showed my brother this one....How many times, over the last couple of years, have I had to finally say "OK, OK, just don't do it...if you don't think it works, just don't do it"....LOL....

Still a good starting point...and a great learning tool....I am bringing back experienced traders to "re-train" them in the basics so I can then use the tape reading aspects to point out what we do the rest of the day as well.

Naz=2003 in 2003, how cute!

Back to it next year...see you all Friday...

Don

#1094     Dec 31, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.