Don's openings Part 4

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Aug 20, 2002.

1. What??

If you had a buy of $35.39, and the stock opened much lower....you should be filled. I was under the impression that IB was allowing opening only orders....perhaps "def" can enlighten us why IB may have disregarded your order this time.

def??

Don

#41     Aug 26, 2002
  2. If the opening only orders are a major part of your trading strategy, how do you prop guys spend the rest of your day ?

#42     Aug 26, 2002
  3. Why, naturally Don will say "counting our profits." Would you expect anything less from PT Barnum?

#43     Aug 26, 2002
  4. Unlike my marketing assistant above, we can actually count,....and do actually have profits.....but that is not the answer.

The openings provide us with the first and most highly probable orders for the day....then we switch to "sector trading" for the Post opening, pairs trading for the bulk of the day, and at all times utilized the 7 basic strategies, including RS, Momentum, and MOC's......

Don

#44     Aug 26, 2002
  5. "I was under the impression that IB was allowing opening only orders....perhaps "def" can enlighten us why IB may have disregarded your order this time."

ib open orders work fine.ive never had one not fill.

#45     Aug 26, 2002
  6. What did you do to piss off your MA?

#46     Aug 26, 2002
  7. It's funny, I really don't know....at times his comments are actually kind of funny, but he (she) has been hostile for absolutely no reason that I can figure. He has helped considerably by allowing me the opportunity to show some restraint and common sense in the face of his silly rhetoric.

I have offered to discuss anything at any time with him (her) on a rational level....but to no avail. The PM's and emails of support have been a tremendous boost for our business, and always provide good "ice breaking" jokes for my presentations. The people in Denver loved hearing about the "fun" on the board.

Don :confused:

And BTW, thanks for the good comments on the other threads!! :)

#47     Aug 26, 2002
  8. Openings usually close out within 15-20 minutes.

After that, I play setups based on overnight research and scans. Since I don't enter these positions until 10 AM EST, it dovetails nicely with the Openings.

Setups usually last for about 2-3 hours until they're all closed out. Then it's channel plays for lunch and/or scalping in the afternoon.

#48     Aug 26, 2002
  9. egusc

egusc

IB has open only orders. I have an account at IB and only on one day have my orders that should have been filled not been executed. I have been checking every day since and IB is working just fine.

"He has helped considerably by allowing me the opportunity to show some restraint and common sense in the face of his silly rhetoric. " I agree, your restraint has made u look very good.

Don, Thanks for all of your input here inspite of the peanut gallery.

#49     Aug 26, 2002

10. Market doesn't have to touch.............

It has to trade at 35.39 or below and he is automatically filled for NYSE stocks.

Robert

#50     Aug 26, 2002