Don's Opening's Journal....

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Dec 21, 2001.

1. whats the latest one can send an Opening Order Only

to the NYSE book before 9:30 am

( or before a stock opens if the opening is delayed)

:confused:

#271     Jun 29, 2002
  2. nylord1

nylord1

You can keep sending until the stock opens......post on don's openings part 3 ......this is an old thread

#272     Jun 29, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

Ahh,

Of course I forgot that this is all automated for you and you don't need more than a few seconds to get all the (40 or so) orders in. I have to input in one by one and if I don't give myself 5 to 10 minutes, I am hosed.

I missed the show this Saturday. I will call in one of these Saturdays...

nitro

#273     Jun 29, 2002

4. Yeah, it's frustrating not having automation.
    I'm with IB, and if the futures change alot,
    I can be out of sync.
    But if I'm concerned about too many unwanted fills,
    I can still cancel all orders at the last minute.

Mark
    :cool:

#274     Jul 1, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

IB has at least two _SEVERE_ problems when it comes to automating OO orders:

1) The last price that they give is not necessarily the last price on the NYSE - the price you want to use when calculating this stuff.

2) There is no way (AFAIK) to route to the NYSE through the API, once again negating the automation of OO orders.

I have pleaded with them (as well as others on ET) to change these two things to no avail :( :mad:

nitro

#275     Jul 1, 2002
  6. WECoyote

WECoyote

Is there just a summary of the replys from all the threads on just instruction on the mechanics of the technique.

#276     Apr 10, 2008
  7. This thread is 6 years old, but someone did post up several links a while back with the basics...maybe one of the guys can dig that up.

Don

#277     Apr 10, 2008