Don's Openings and More for 2006

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For 2006 postings I am gradually upping number of stocks (now 45), adding additional layers, tweaking automation and trailing stops...all sorts of fun stuff. Goal set much higher, sort of "intermediate" school examples.

Don

#41     Jan 6, 2006
  2. Don, what do you mean by adding "additional layers"?

#42     Jan 6, 2006
  3. Sorry, can't tell you...it's a secret.

(just kidding of course).

I place buys and sells at a pre-determined envelope, and then send another set of orders with a wider envelope...2 layers only for now.

So, like today when BBY opened up $3.50 both layers were filled.

Don

#43     Jan 6, 2006
  4. mnx

mnx

decent day here too.

22 fills. 11 longs 11 shorts. 1000 shares each. on 124 stocks...

Shorts on LXK and FCX destroyed me, I lost 1100 between them. But I still managed to finish up $714 net.

FCX is getting lifted removed from my list. I don't have to look back through my posts to see how many times I have lost on that silly stock in the past couple weeks.

LXK might get removed too... I managed to scalp back what I lost on it, but losing 50 cents is never fun.

until monday...

mnx

#44     Jan 6, 2006
  5. 1 long fill, only +40. Was being patient and it didn't pay. Oh well. Overall a decent week though, even with the holiday. A great week for my longer term trades. Looks like the market wants to have a strong 2006.

See you all next week (after the Steelers advance to the second round of the playoffs on Sunday :D ).

#45     Jan 6, 2006
  6. joema

joema

2 fills out of 18 stocks

all're winners

AA long@30.31

COP short@60.25

both are good positions today, all i have to do is to take the profit

considering to place more orders and 500 shares/each next week

#46     Jan 6, 2006
  7. mnx

mnx

can't do opens until I register DownloaderXL or get e-signal to stream data into Excel...

What is the cheapest way to get data into excel automatically?? (looking for the closing prices for the stocks here...)

My trading platform has no way of outputting data into excel...

thanks

mnx

#47     Jan 9, 2006
  8. Good Monday....same profits, fewer shares, much better.

5 fills = +930.

3 longs for $370.

2 shorts for $560.

Still closing manually...but working on it.

MNX...I could say something glib like "join Bright Trading" and we'll give you what you need....but I won't. LOL.

I don't know who your broker is, but most can work with MyTrack, which I think has the capability to go into excel...(not sure, but you might check).

I know eSignal gives you historical and streaming data into Excel, but you might have to check with your broker for use of Active-X (sending automated orders).

All the best,

Don

#48     Jan 9, 2006
  9. 4 fills / 3400 shares

-.8 / + .7% +82.00

3 long one short...

all manual exits...did a pretty poor job of it also...

mnx...

i use dde links to excel for data but not automating my orders...

#49     Jan 9, 2006
  10. comfut

comfut

I was reading an article on the Arca/NYSE merger this weekend.

Do you think that when it goes through it will render the OO strategy unprofitable?

#50     Jan 9, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.