Don's openings and more for 2005

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Jan 3, 2005.

1. 4 fills

2 long / 2 short +75.00

+ / - 1%

#41     Jan 10, 2005
  2. 2 fills, 2 losers (whippy open and slippage on the exit got me), -202.

4 losing days in a row on the open; gotta break this slump.

#42     Jan 10, 2005
  3. danjos

danjos

good mid cap stocks today. Got only 1 fill for the big cap.
    However, cannot handle too many positions and had to watch each position more carefully. Last week would have been positive if it were not for 1 stock, .... SLB wiped out my whole week profit (down over 2G in 2 day) becuase it slipped out of my monitoring . Now I am trying to focus on less stocks so as not to get whacked on any stock and delete SLB from my opening list.

Good luck

#43     Jan 10, 2005
  4. I have found that most oils march to the beat of their own drum...XOM is probably the exception...and so the traditional FV approach to OPG orders just isn't effective on them.

Good trading to you!

Mike

#44     Jan 10, 2005
  5. Hi Don,

I've been watching your profits for the last week:
    1/3 +270
    1/4 +160
    1/5 +120
    1/6 +170
    1/10 +165

I was wondering, on average, how many shares per order you put in to achieve this?

Also, is this just the net from your opening strategies only (vs other trades during the day)?

Thanks!

#45     Jan 10, 2005
  6. 5 fills

4 long / 1 short

-1.3 / + .7 % -350

a question ?????

when a stock is out of the .5 - 2% opening range do you avoid it??

if too high or low should you avoid ???

thanx

#46     Jan 11, 2005
  7. danjos

danjos

My execution system went down a few secs before opening bell back up 3 min later then down then up..
    Assent doesnt have any back up and this really scare me out since I and other OPG traders might be in the middle of many positions (today has about 13 pos) and there is nothing you can do except hoping for nice market... AT the end, down about 100 USD which is quite a relief.
    This is not the first time it happened in Assent, and timewise it just right around opening.

Do you guys that trade with another firm has backup executions and has your system evenr gone down during opening?

#47     Jan 11, 2005
  8. I put in 2,000 share orders (not a great week, but not bad for a real slow, down, market). Yes, opening strategy only.

Don

#48     Jan 11, 2005
  9. The envelope prices (.2 - .5) are based on the differential between the spot and futures price, not the stock price. If there is an indication "away" from our calculated prices, then we adjust the side that is out of whack (if opening higher, we adjust the sell price, and vice-versa).

Don

#49     Jan 11, 2005
  10. don,

what i am asking is if a stock ie. ROK this morning is indicated way outside your envelope is it something to avoid. ROK opened up 8% and kept going. today the answer is obvious but how does this relate historically.

thanks,

jack

#50     Jan 11, 2005