Donnie's about to find what a veto proof majority feels like

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't see how Section 230 has anything to do with the defense bill.

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

The press is the enemy of the people___MAGA cult

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Social media is the press now?

5. userque

userque

You have me blocked ... but for the readers:

Social Media is ... a media, not "The Press."

Social media facilitates "The Press."

Just as printed media facilitates "The Press."

Ricter likes this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Why was the media labeled "the enemy of the people" by Donnie? Not a giant leap once uncle Bob criticizes dear leader on social media too.

Hell, uncle Bob on Twitter seems to carry more weight with MAGA types than the media itself

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Why did Donnie do all sorts of things Donnie did? You should probably ask Donnie. I can speculate, but I'm not sure I'd consider Facebook and Twitter "the media".

Regardless, Section 230 shouldn't be coupled with the Defense Bill.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

The point is dissidence and criticizism is seen as treacherous and the enemy's doing. It's why he rails against 230 and why it's on the defense bill.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It is easy to understand why he rails against the press. I am not condoning his language, but there is a clear difference between how the media treats him, and the kid gloves the media uses with Biden. Or Clinton. Or Obama.

Some of it is deserved (as a response to his behavior) and much of it is not. But to insinuate that the media is clean in all of this is completely off base. I'll submit the following article I read just this morning as the latest of such evidence:

Release of PPP loan recipients reveal troubling patterns

Supposedly, the big story here is about how PPP loans went to Kushner and Trump companies. But if you actually read what happened, you'll see that approximately $3.5 million of the hundreds of billions of dollars of PPP loans went to companies that just rent property from Kushner and Trump businesses. That isn't the same thing at all as giving money to Trump and Kushner companies. Not even close.

Whether the money actually went to the landlords is irrelevant. The companies that requested the loan were not owned by Trump and Kushner, and whether the money went to pay contractual rent doesn't even remotely imply corruption. This is just stupid and irresponsible journalism in the very best light, and downright malicious and fallacious in the worst light.

Magnify this over the last four years and it isn't hard to see why Trump considers them the enemy of the people.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Nowadays they are more the media than anything you and I grew up with. Far more influential.

#10     Dec 2, 2020