Done with IB, had enough.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lachie74, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Well today I get an email from them saying my funds have arrived but no reference of my account number was on the transfer (either my Mothers or the Aussie banks error), so they required details of the deposit and a copy of the deposit slip.

If that is the Aussie banks error, why can the bank recalls the money? Did they give your explanation?

#31     Jun 20, 2008
  2. noparole

noparole

Good attitude,maggot.

If you can't offer any advice(with a post like this it would undoubtedly be awful advice anyway)then keep your opinions to yourself.

#32     Jun 20, 2008

3. Get the fuck over it. Why bring your problems to the table?

WHY not?

The origin poster wants to get his mother money back. He is trying to figure out a way to do it. He is looking for some constructive inputs from forum. This is one of reasons most people came to this forum. I do not see any problem with that.

#33     Jun 20, 2008
  4. WinSum

WinSum

Would you be able to break the wire transfer by going to your mother bank and reporting your funds stolen ?

It never got to your account and you have no access to it, so in theory, your funds are stolen, right ?

#34     Jun 20, 2008

5. Well today I get an email from them saying my funds have arrived but no reference of my account number was on the transfer (either my Mothers or the Aussie banks error), so they required details of the deposit and a copy of the deposit slip.

Have you figured out that it is the Aussie banks error or your mother made a mistake?

If it is pure bank error, I do not see why they can not fix (recall) it. Without knowing the details, and just as an example, assuming it is pure bank error, the money was wired to IB and IB is the final beneficial (not your mother account, or you account). In this case, it is clear that IB can NOT credit the money into your account or into your mother account, since IB is the final beneficial (not your or your mother account) based on wire instruction.

However, since the money was not intent to be sent to IB for the beneficial of IB (it should be for the beneficial of your account or your mother account), I was just a mistake of bank, why the bank can not recall the money back? Does any one have any idea?

#35     Jun 20, 2008
  6. An update for anyone that cares..

IB finally relented and deposited the money to my account. 3 weeks and a lot of stress later, but I'm happy :)

Thanks to the people who came up with useful advice and showed some empathy.

And a big fuck you very much to the predictable assholes, I hope you're short oil with no stop when Iran gets bombed.

#36     Jun 27, 2008

7. IB finally relented and deposited the money to my account.

What caused them to do so?

#37     Jun 27, 2008
  8. I thought it was to go to your mother's account?

#38     Jun 28, 2008

9. I thought it was to go to your mother's account?

Very good question...

#39     Jun 28, 2008