Donchian Channels

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Champion, Sep 2, 2006.

1. expiated

expiated

Here I have modified the APZ for a one-minute chart and added my own (white) short-term trend line.

AUDUSDM1.png

#11     Apr 14, 2019
  2. Handle123

Handle123

There is so many lines, overkill. What are you trying to gain in knowledge here, defining trend or risk or entry?

#12     Apr 14, 2019
  3. expiated

expiated

My research has gotten me results that I am led to believe are unsustainable, and when I compare them to what trading convention sites as admirable or acceptable success rates and return on investment, these standard expectations seem to fall short. So, overkill or not, I will continue with my misguided efforts, and limit my comments on what I am trying to gain in knowledge to what I have already written.

I know that by rejecting advice I am in danger of coming off as arrogant, but Scripture has taught me that God hates pride and arrogance. That everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord. That he will not go unpunished. That haughty eyes and a proud heart—the lamp of the wicked—are sin. That the Lord tears down the house of the proud. That pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. That when pride comes, then comes disgrace. That one’s pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor. That with the humble is wisdom. And that before destruction a man’s heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.

So, let me fully acknowledge that I am just an average, ordinary guy! Any success I encounter in life I owe to Yahweh. Hence, if my live trading beginning in September goes as well as my demo trading is going right now, I give all the credit, honor, and glory to my Creator, who often chooses the foolish things of this world to confound its wisdom.

Moreover, I am aware of the admonition to let another praise you and not your own mouth; a stranger and not your own lips, so I give all praise to The Alpha and the Omega. (Deuteronomy 8:18)

#13     Apr 14, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    I like them every now + then; nice trend lines:cool::cool:

#14     Apr 15, 2019
  5. schweiz

schweiz

Looks more like channels for donkeys...

#15     Apr 15, 2019
  6. %%
    I 've never seen donchian channels like that, Expiated ; but i like plenty of trend lines also. And while plenty of trend lines can slow one down-that can be good thing LOL:D:D

#16     Apr 17, 2019
  7. expiated

expiated

If you you are referring to the image in Post #10, those were Adaptive Price Zones rather than Donchian channels. For me, a plethora of tend lines actually accelerates my actions by removing the ambiguity that would otherwise impede my decision-making process. For me, timing is of the essence, so the last thing I want is for anything to slow me down.

#17     Apr 18, 2019
  8. tomorton

tomorton

Donchian Channels can be very rewarding for traders if they are viewed with the proper perspective. By which I mean that, like trend-lines, MA's, candlestick patterns, H&S and all the rest, they should be seen not as predictors of what the market will do, but as a structure for the what the trader will do.

#18     Apr 18, 2019
    expiated likes this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

I used to have many things on my charts.
    As time goes by, I started to delete those confusing useless things.
    Now I just have candlesticks and zigzag line.

But for those who find those things useful, they should continue using it.

#19     Apr 18, 2019
    tomorton and expiated like this.
  10. expiated

expiated

This is the same way I operate. After deleting those things that were of no practical use to me, I was left with just moving averages and moving average (or price range) envelopes.

#20     Apr 18, 2019