Don’t Give Up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joe Ross, Apr 10, 2009.

1. This past week I received the following email:

Hey Joe! I’m ready to give up. When I found out that statistically most traders are losers,
    I wonder what chance I have of ever making it.

You have every chance of making it. You are not everyone else, you are you. Statistics and those who use them may predict, but you alone determine whether you will succeed or fail. You alone are in control; take responsibility for your performance and your life. There are always tremendous opportunities in the markets. It is not what happens; it is what you do with what happens that makes the difference between winning and losing.

It is your choice if you want to stay with the majority of losing traders or if you want to take the chance to join the club of successful traders and learn from their secrets. Believe it or not, chances to start trading profitably and to "make it," rise incredibly simply by applying “their” secrets in your trading.

It is also your freedom of choice to try it alone, and spend a couple of months or even years of your life trying to find out for yourself how the markets work, only to recognize that this mission was doomed to failure from the beginning. However, there is wisdom in considering finding a mentor, someone who will show you the tricks of the trade. I was fortunate in having my great uncle as my mentor. He taught me for a year-and-a-half, and got me off to a flying start.