Don’t DEFEAT yourself before the trade is over!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, May 12, 2007.

1. The tons of emails I receive on here thanking me, on the site and in the room are validation enough for me. A newbie who comes in a total loser and now makes a little something each day while learning makes me feel great.

I've looked in to two services that auto trade and 'validate'. C2 is not compatible with what we are doing, neither is World Cup advisors. They want you to open an account with their brokerage. Today I made 108 points on the YM with Alex's help. As usual I posted the enteries before and alerted to stop and target poitns. Not after the fact, in hindsight like some of these places I see. This can not be pure luck. Something must be right. I'm happy with our join rate, our customer retention and the trades. People in the room can benefit, the cynical skeptics can stay out. We dont need that kind of negative energy.

If you are that curious and need validation, feel free to send me a private email. I'll give you a free trial account.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#11     May 16, 2007
  2. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

how long does the average trader take to become profitable?

#12     May 20, 2007
  3. This BEGS the question, if you can make calls with consistent positive expectancy, what reason on earth is there to sell them?

Call me cynical, but I cannot think of one.

#13     May 20, 2007
  4. We're not talking about validation for you. You, better than anyone else, know what your system is like long-term. If it's as good as you say it is, you will get your track-record audited in order to bring yourself more clients. Telling people how you had a great trade and how happy you are with the progress people make and how good it makes you feel to teach demented trading principles to newbies doesn't satisfy the healthy skeptic who might otherwise pay for your services but opts not to because he sees no track record.

If your newbie traders don't understand the system and can't read the charts, T&S, and DOM in order to understand your signals, they aren't learning anything. "Buy when green, sell when red" - a monkey (who trusts the lights) can do that. Teaching people to follow your signals doesn't teach them anything about the market, no matter how profitable they may be. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're an educator and not a salesman.

#14     May 21, 2007
  5. Yes indeed, we are most definitely educators. I won't yell you. It's obvious you have not been in our room. All we do is teach. All day long from open to close. Audio and graphic examples. Each call is explained in great depth. The goal is not to have robots follow a system but to educate. Maybe I'll record a complete day and stuck it on here. The file would be pretty big but I'll cut out the deadzone.

We have enough business now. The skeptics can stay away. Thats fine. If they are interested enough, they will commit $10 to give something a try.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#15     May 22, 2007
  6. Why do you sell signals that make money?

#16     May 23, 2007
  7. props to puretick.

the loser traders on here will continue to bash. give it a trial!

fwiw, i've never been to puretick and im not associated with them.

their videos are decent

loser traders will bash others to make up for their own insecurity.

winning traders will learn from anybody and everybody that can help a trader work on their edge

fwiw, i always see the "if you are a winning trader, why would you sell your calls" mantra

first of all, their primary service is teaching other traders. i can respect that. i do that myself. it has nothing to do with being a winning trader. you can (and many do) do both.

#17     May 23, 2007
  8. Can you get into a businessman's orientation?

Good.

Write out a free standing business plan for "selling signals" as an adjunct to your Corporate Book.

Now look at the rest of the profit sectors (goods, sevices, and investments of capital) in the corporate book.

Make notes on where the costs of the "selling signals" can be shared. Optimize thse facets.

You can then judge if the "selling signals" profit center has one or more reasons for being put in place.

Usually there is part of any business plan a couple of sections called: downside risks and competition.

Here in this case, they unfold in several ways. By looking at these and then ameliorating them often what emerges is a much more robust overall operating plan. It is obvious here and from many other models of combining "selling signals" and conducting live training that it is a workable strategy.

Once you get this understood, then perhaps you will be asking some additional killer questions.

There are about seven really terrific quasi independent profit center purposes that can be associated with a central core of very overlapped internal common support functions.

How these things are discovered and surfaced comes about from several diverse sources. Most are incoming from others who have put 2 and 2 together from what they see of your corporation externally.

Lets say a group wants to buy five or six Pureticks and keep them rolling as private labels. They probably would add a couple of subsidiaries to handle things that could not be done by each operation running solo. Right off I would put a pension management function in place and I would add a service corp to sell commonly needed financial products to the trading client population. Naturally, all the prospecting could be done to route any potential client to the proper educational and/or "selling signals" facet.

Here's a little humor for you. It is very simple to automate most vender systems using a team of people. The team could skip the step of acquisition and just set up a bunch of black box rentals and take it from there. C2 does have programmers available (on contract basis) to build boxes for anyone with an idea like you describe. C2 acts as an agent.

I watch how people look at other people's work. I also look at how anyone either duplicates or modified other's work. It is pretty clear that the development og the financial industry hasn't gotten off the ground as yet. This is probably because of the modelling focus that precedes development.

There are many levels of trading that relate to many approaches.
    Generally, people are not in the markets much of the time. About 80 edges are prevalent in ET. There is a lot of overlap so they can be arranged as an heirarchy and the collection of snippets needed to run them automatically are really not a lot of coding.

When you look at the top 15 platforms, they are almost all overlapped and none of them deal with any level of trading that is above beginner or advanceed beginner. It is simply the business influence of making money vending something showing up. Businesses sell to the marketplace.

Money is made on the beginner and advanced beginner level. The breakeven or slightly better world.

There are four levels of trading for a lot of different approaches that remain untouched. Some dummies on ET espouse the "my way or the highway" for an assortment of methods. It is funny but the more sophisitcated the strategies of trading are, the more the strategy works over more of the RTH's. It is an automated trading convergence, in fact. There are two general streams, however.

As a person looks at this scene you ask about, it is apparent that adding four levels of sophistication to the operation would certainly stimulate the prospecting and the "selling signals" sales.

As each level is considered what comes on the table is understanding and performance. You are currently trapped one level one. But there are four more levels that exist (for those who operate them) and using them or even just the transient activities of changing levels is the larger business opportunity.

So this makes it possible to see the basis of your beliefs. You may not be able to see others vending on levels 2, 3, 4, and 5. so you conclude that there is no reason to be "selling signals" on any level.

The way to most easily see the vending is to be where people are seeking venders. People who need levels 2, 3, 4, and 5 know how to get the vender.

#18     May 23, 2007
  9. Advil, anyone? I suggest the gelcap ("Liqui-Gel") for fast-acting relief. I can only imagine how much Jack must make on his Wyeth call options every time he posts.
    :D

#19     May 23, 2007
  10. GTS

GTS

Sorry, I didn't get the humor. :confused:

#20     May 23, 2007