Donald

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buy1Sell2, Dec 10, 2017.

1. destriero

destriero

#3331     Jun 30, 2020
    gmal likes this.
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Trump has lost his senior advantage. And that could cost him in November.
    Voters over 65 were key to the president's win in 2016. But now they're defecting to Biden.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...or-advantage-could-cost-him-november-n1232467

Jay Copan was part of the coalition that made Donald Trump president in 2016. Now he's had enough and plans to send Trump into retirement.

Copan, 68, who lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, considers himself fiscally and socially conservative. A white man who is a registered independent in a swing state, he has voted Republican in each of the last nine presidential elections. He supports Trump's tax cuts, energy policy and judges. He's precisely the type of voter Republicans should be able to win — and can't afford to lose.

But Copan says he'll vote for Joe Biden this fall.

"At the end of the day, I want this to be a better country for my grandkids growing up. And having a president who's a pathological liar, a sociopath, a narcissist, a misogynist and a bully is not the way I want to leave this country," Copan said. "In spite of my views on the issues, I don't see any way I could support him to be president for another four years because of how he's behaved."

Copan represents a group of voters whom Trump, who is 74, should worry about: Americans over 65 who are defecting to Biden. Seniors have voted for the Republican candidate in every presidential election since 2004, according to exit polls. They favored Trump by 8 points in 2016, according to NBC News exit polls.

But most surveys this month show Trump trailing Biden among this group, down by 2 points in a New York Times/Siena College poll, 4 points in a CNN poll, 8 points in an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll and 8 points in a Quinnipiac University poll.

Trump's sliding support among the key demographic has contributed to his trailing Biden by 9.4 points in the FiveThirtyEight average of surveys as of Monday.

With voters under 45 increasingly preferring Democrats, losing senior citizens could choke off Trump's path to re-election. Some allies worry that he's antagonizing elderly voters with his mockery of 77-year-old Biden's placid temperament and verbal stumbles with the nickname "sleepy Joe" and his persistent insinuations that Biden is losing his mental faculties.

"The hot air slipping out of President Trump's campaign balloon among seniors is certainly a cause for concern," Dan Eberhart, a Republican donor and Trump supporter, said in an email. "His angry rhetoric and constant poking at Biden's age and ailments could be a sizable part of the problem here. This is a group of people used to being catered to and respected."

(More at above url)

#3332     Jun 30, 2020
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

upload_2020-6-30_21-22-43.png

Republican satisfaction with the way things are going in the U.S. has dropped significantly since April, falling close to Democratic dissatisfaction, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center.

Why it matters: Until June 30, Republican satisfaction with the state of the country had stayed above 50% for nearly all of Trump’s presidency, according to Pew. The latest survey shows 19% of Republicans and those who lean Republican are satisfied with the direction of the country, compared to 7% of Democrats and those who lean Democrat.

The big picture: President Trump's steady approval ratings within the Republican Party may be eroding as unemployment claims persist and coronavirus infections surge in most of the country. His response to protests against racial injustice earlier this month has also left top Republicans uneasy about his re-election prospects.

By the numbers: Joe Biden is leading Trump 54% to 44% when it comes to voter preference, with strong advantages over the incumbent in terms of temperament and empathy.

Flashback: 74% of Americans said in an AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll earlier this month that the country is heading in the wrong direction, including 63% of Republicans — up from 42% in May.

Methodology: 4,708 adults — including 3,577 registered voters — surveyed in June 16-22 through a national, random sampling in Pew’s American Trends Panel (ATP). MOE ± 1.8 percentage points.

#3333     Jun 30, 2020
  4. userque

userque

Still too high.

#3334     Jul 1, 2020
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

I agree but a drop from 50 to 19 points from republicans is progress imo

#3335     Jul 1, 2020
  6. userque

userque

[​IMG]

#3336     Jul 1, 2020
    Tony Stark likes this.
  7. Dr. Love

Dr. Love

#3337     Jul 1, 2020
  8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

upload_2020-7-6_15-39-59.png

President Trump’s job approval rating is hovering near the low point of his presidency as core groups that propelled his 2016 run grow dissatisfied with his performance in office.

The latest Gallup survey finds that 38 percent of voters approve of the job Trump is doing, down from his all-time high of 49 percent reached in early May. The low point of Trump’s presidency came in 2017, when only 35 percent of voters said they approve of the job he’s doing.

Trump’s job approval rating now is close to where one-term Presidents George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter were at this point in the election cycle.

#3338     Jul 6, 2020
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://people.com/politics/john-bolton-implies-donald-trump-spends-more-time-watching-tv/
    John Bolton Implies Donald Trump Spends More Time Watching TV Than He Does in the Oval Office
    Trump has previously denied claims that he watches too much television, arguing in a 2017 tweet that he has "very little time for watching T.V."

Bolton said during an interview with CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday that the president gets his information from a "combination" of television news and people he trusts outside the government.

"Does the president and his thinking get more shaped by television or government advisers?" CBS' Margaret Brennan asked Bolton, who has been giving interviews in recent weeks to promote his memoir The Room Where It Happened, about working in the Trump administration.

"Well, I think it's a combination of television and listening to people outside the government that — that he trusts for one reason or another," Bolton, 71, responded.

He added: "I think that if you could clock the amount of time he [Trump] spent actually in the Oval Office versus the amount of time he spends in the little dining room off the Oval Office with the cable news networks of one form or another on, it would be a very interesting statistic."

Bolton, who left the administration in September, recently told ABC News that he would be "troubled" if Trump won a second term on Nov. 3, where he is likely to face former Vice President Joe Biden.

"We can get over one term — I have absolute confidence, even if it's not the miracle of a conservative Republican being elected in November," Bolton said in June. "Two terms, I'm more troubled about."

Late last month, responding to Bolton's book (which the White House had unsuccessfully tried to block), the president tweeted: "Washed up Creepster John Bolton is a lowlife who should be in jail, money seized, for disseminating, for profit, highly Classified information."

A White House official previously said Bolton's book did not contain classified info, though that position was reversed as the administration fought its publication.

#3339     Jul 6, 2020
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

One of the great things about Trump----he allows the press to continue to ask disingenuous questions. ---one thing most Leftists don't know is that Abraham Lincoln jailed journalists .

#3340     Jul 31, 2020