Donald Trump Tells Fox News We're Going To Have A Depression & It's Bush's Legacy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Yes it does matter as far as his opinion is concerned. Sure, he always bounces back stronger, but he is often wrong.

He is a a RE guy period.

#21     Nov 6, 2008
  2. Mecro

Mecro

Well that is kinda easy when you have the government bailing you out.

#22     Nov 6, 2008
  3. Mecro

Mecro

LOL

The world works quite different from how you think.

#23     Nov 6, 2008
  4. There was a pepto bismol commercial at the end, agita anyone?:cool:

#24     Nov 6, 2008
  5. Joab

Joab

I rarely like to agree with the Donald but on this im 100% in agreement

#25     Nov 6, 2008
  6. I agree with Trump that we are going to have a depression, but is it really all Bush's fault?

I can't stand Bush and despise all politicians equally, but is it Bush's fault that England, Spain, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries have had massive housing bubbles that are now collapsing and taking whole economies with them?

Doesn't it really all come down to the debt-financed artificial-demand that we have all witnessed? The culprits being banks and central banks?

#26     Nov 6, 2008

7. I lay the fault where the fault is due, and clearly much of the fault
    is with Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd, Byron Dorgan, Kent Conrad. These guys are the Constitutionaly elected officers who oversee the nations banking and finance industry. As recently as
    2 years ago Frank insisted that the mortage and banking industry was sound-he stated"I see no problems going forward here in terms of solvency. These assertions that we are on the cusp of a wave of defaults are overblown."
    Luckily, we now have Cspan so we can go back and review the
    conductors who oversaw the trainwreck.

#27     Nov 6, 2008
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you just don't have the talent to get yourself to that point.

#28     Nov 6, 2008
  9. Mecro

Mecro

Or maybe I just don't have my daddy giving me a million dollars at 18 years old, his bank connections & his RE industry connections. I don't know, maybe that has something to do with it. Cause I'm pretty sure I can put together some ultra luxurious real estate projects which can't even cover the interest with their revenue.

#29     Nov 6, 2008
  10. Well, Trump is half right. There is indeed a depression underway, but Bush et al are not solely responsible for screwing the economy, any more than Hussein will be solely responsible for dumbing down personal standards, the average American language or morality. Also credit Slick Willy for NAFTA.

#30     Nov 6, 2008