Donald Trump Tells Fox News We're Going To Have A Depression & It's Bush's Legacy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Did he mention he was going to change his Trump University website to reflect the changing economy?

#11     Nov 5, 2008
  2. If I borrow money to buy stocks and those stocks go down and I go bankrupt I can't really blame the market for my downfall. It would be my judgment. Markets go up and go down.

It was not just the subprime but because companies like Lehman found it lucrative to enter into credit default swaps and sell(and resell) as many as possible

When the market started to go down and people started to walk away from upside down mortgages in numbers unforseen credit default swap market imploded.

And all of it is 100% Bank and Wall st. fault. Stop blaming Barney Frank, Pelosi or Clinton.

#12     Nov 6, 2008
  3. Those were run by Republicans from 1995 through 2006, with the exception of six months in 2001.

#13     Nov 6, 2008
  4. Bush was calling for undocumented home buyers to get their piece of the American Pie too, so you need to throw his RINO name in there too.

After Jan 20th, I'm not gonna worry about puttin' gas in my car or paying my mortgage...

#14     Nov 6, 2008
  5. TT1

TT1

You, my friend are exactly right! Majority of Americans are totally ignorant when it comes to your point. The Legislative branch of our government is where the buck should stop. They make the Laws, Spend our money, and are supposed to provide oversight!

#15     Nov 6, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

How old is that guy now? I mean wasn't he around in the '80's?

Is that a toupee [hairpiece] he's sporting these days?

#16     Nov 6, 2008
  7. #17     Nov 6, 2008
  8. There are a lot of people in prison....for doing far less than what Bush/Cheney have done to the US and the World.....

Where is US justice or is justice just another US joke ? These people are going to walk....and they get to fail upwards.....living in nice houses....getting paid lots more money....simply because of what ? It ain't justice pal.....It is because of this alone that justice is just for those that are selected for it....

Where does the economic blame lie ?

One could picture the issue this way.....

Where would the economy be today...if subprime did not
    exist ?

Would the economy be a lot better off ?

Secondly ....a developed country is a country that respects
    property rights....and that has a fantastic credit system...
    for the government....business...and individuals....
    This is the main difference between a developed....developing.... or third world country....and is the exact reason that the US advanced as it did from 1980 onwards.....

And here again....if subprime was the reason....do not blame everything else in sorts of witch hunts....The system itself was not the fault....subprime was.....

..............................................................................

#18     Nov 6, 2008
  9. Well i suppose Trump the douchemister should give free enrollment to his millionaire wealth univerisity and get all of us " making tons of money and having fun doing it"""!!!..........He deserves to be in the scammers hall of fame/\shame

#19     Nov 6, 2008
  10. zdreg

zdreg

the above is a very wise post.

"don't cry for me argentina"

for the numerous many who suffer from the sin of envy it does not matter whether it is Soros or Rogers or Trump these people fall and bounce higher.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11042008/news/worldnews/trump_turns_scottish_sand_into_gold_136833.htm

$10 million into $300 million for those who wish to skip reading article

#20     Nov 6, 2008