Donald Trump- racist!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Savant, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Savant

Savant

Donald Trump's new role as a birther has been making headlines for weeks now. And despite some heavy backlash from the African-American community, Trump still seems to think all is well. "I have a great relationship with the blacks," he said after calling into Fred Dicker’s radio show this morning, going on to say that the overwhelming black support for President Obama is "frightening."

Instead of viewing the business mogul as crazy, some African-Americans are now claiming that the outlandish birther accusations are downright racist. "There's a lot of people that I've talked to [who] instinctively think that he's using the issue as a proxy for race," Urban League President Marc Morial told Politico. "It's like a modern day Salem witch trial -- because there's no merit to it."

Black celebrities have been quite vocal in their criticism of The Apprentice creator. "As a people, we celebrated his business acumen; purchased his books and anything else with the Trump name we could get our hands on," Goldie Taylor wrote on The Grio. "Now among African-Americans, the once gilded Trump brand is about as worthless as a plug nickel. I'm not calling Trump a racist. But he ought to quit quacking before people start believing he's a duck.”

Bill Cosby has also publicly ridiculed Trump, claiming the only thing he’s running is “his mouth.”

A recent poll by NBC found that African-Americans are among the groups that view Trump favorably, but that may not last for long.

If Trump's half-baked attacks on Obama do not make him a horrible candidate, his ignorance sure does.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/trump-faces-black-backlash-obama-criticism

2. Savant

Savant

These PC lefty inquisitors better be careful before they make everyone start thinking it's cool to be a racist. :D

3. maxpi

maxpi

Best way to deal with race in the USA: make a fortune and move to somewhere with no blacks and hire Mexicans...