Donald Trump confirms withdrawal from Paris Agreement on climate change

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael J. Fletcher, Jun 1, 2017.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Insane indeed, it sent the ES crashing to new depths.

Tomorrow my kids will come back from their international school and american teachers with yet new arguments on how Trump is the devil incarnate. I'm trying to guess how many times i'm gonna hear "killing the planet" and "killing nature". It's getting boring.

Read this earlier today :

https://www.yahoo.com/news/forget-trumps-bluster-world-walking-090001198.html

Found it pretty good, and very much why Russia and China preferred Trump over Clinton. I can understand that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    JackRab likes this.
  2. exGOPer

exGOPer

"But he will stick to the withdrawal process laid out in the Paris agreement, which President Barack Obama joined and most of the world has already ratified. That could take four years to complete, meaning a final decision would be up to the American voters in the next presidential election."

Let's see if the electorate actually cares about this or not

3. JackRab

JackRab

Because the US will start to play second violin... China will overtake the US, that is pretty much a given, sheer size. When the US is the only nation (together with Iran and Paraguay?) not ratifying something this big, at one point the rest of the world will lose fate in the US and will start to move away... giving China more power economically... and Russia more power military. Leaving the US isolated in one way or another.

Shocking really....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  4. Tom B

Tom B

It will hurt the USA just like Kyoto did.

AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  5. You mean they will refuse our money? Oh no, the horror.

6. jem

jem

the establishment plan for us is far worse than second fiddle.
    anything we can do to avoid the establishment plan gives our kids a chance.

their plan is to take away as much economic might and freedom as possible.
    exiting these accords and not signing onto tpp is keeping our tax payers in the fight another generation.

Trump may turn out to make america great again after all.

7. luisHK

luisHK

International news seem busy with other topics already - terrorism in UK for one, but for those who follow tennis, Thiem taking out Djokovic in straight sets in Rolland Garros was big as well.
    Besides I've been badmouthing the teachers exagerately above, actually haven't heard a word at home about Trump and the US exiting the Paris deal over the last few days.