Don, whats the word?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Mar 11, 2002.

1. You are correct about the posting of the past results. Of course, if one is listed that has a 2% high gain over 3 days, I'd assume that didn't hit his target and was thus a losing trade. I don't know why he posts it like that, but it would be nice if it was changed IMO. However, I can't think of another way to do it unless he posted his personal trades. But then again, I'm fairly sure there is absolutely no way he could play EVERY single pick that triggered.

He does give specific stops. For the less objective people, he says to never risk more than 5% on a single trade. For the more objective folks....people who trade the charts 100%...like myself, he places his stop at or a tick under the next identiafiable support (longs) or resistance (shorts) from whatever chart he's trading. This means at times using a stop that is wider than 5%......but at other times using one that is much tighter than 5%. If the trade is derived from the daily chart, he determines the appropriate stop from the daily chart. If it's a 60 minute chart, he uses the 60 minute to determine his stops. If the trade works, he has specific targets...again....next resistance for longs.....next support for shorts.....and encourages people to take partial profits at these levels.

Again, keep in mind this method isn't for the tick traders....only the swingers who trade the trend.

#31     Mar 13, 2002
  2. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Ok Alpine, so he does give price targets to shoot for and stops based on S/R on the charts? That is some guidance and is good. One other Q though .... if his picks(s) for the day are not triggered that same day are they cancelled? or are they carried over indefinitely until triggered?

i'm still reasoning it all out, but the site might have potential.

#32     Mar 13, 2002
  3. #33     Mar 13, 2002
  4. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Thanks, You answered my Q. I don't see any explanation for the "chatroom". How does that differ from "breakout list"? On an annotated chart he mentioned something about a trade discussed in the "chatroom" ??? Is this realtime chat? Thanks.

#34     Mar 13, 2002
  5. Babak

Babak

Although I´m not a member of momentumstockplays.com I did find the guy who runs it when he had a free Yahoo! Group by the same name. When he proved his mettle I suppose he moved to a .com name and started charging for the same info.

As far as I can tell he is legit. Atleast while in Yahoo! he was for real and so were the profits. Ofcourse, he has/had losing trades. But that´s not the point.

He runs a filter every night and then picks from those to put a list up on his website. Also he has a chat room during the day were he sometimes makes original calls (not already on the website). And to answer your question, yes it is real time chat.

He does give targets for exiting. But as you would expect sometimes the trade doesn´t reach it and sometimes it exceeds it. I also took the free trial while it was offered because I´m looking into changing a part of my portfolio from pure intraday to swing. Over all it is a pretty good site.

#35     Mar 13, 2002

6. C2C: I don't think that everyone selling advice is a crook, just the majority of them. Kind of like used car salesmen: I am sure there are honest and decent ones out there, they are just few and far between. :)

#36     Mar 13, 2002
  7. strange, how these 2 folks, as vocal as they were when unchallenged, turn meek when asked to specify.

Once again, Geek069, name any service that has had better performance than Shortboy.

Once again, Babak, you have comments about Shortboy, don't you?

sometimes silence is deafening.

Sam Contari

#37     Mar 13, 2002
  8. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Alpine has answered your challenge...

And that answer is........

MOMENTUMSTOCKPLAYS!

shortie comes up a little short in comparison.

poor shortie :-D

#38     Mar 13, 2002
  9. C2C

C2C

>C2C: I don't think that everyone selling advice is a crook, just >the majority of them. Kind of like used car salesmen: I am sure >there are honest and decent ones out there, they are just few >and far between.

Yep, I might have posted in a bad mood yesterday...
    Mood problem solved this morning, got a new execution firm for the US markets, I wont miss these 50$ tickets :)

C2

#39     Mar 13, 2002
  10. Babak

Babak

Just noticed a small diary like section at realitytrader and I wanted to bring it to the attention of newbies or those who like me are always looking to learn more. Its basically a concise discussion of the trades taken by Vadym, Chris, etc at RT.com

http://www.realitytrader.com/chronicles.htm

I have no affiliation with RT.com (not even a member) just thought this might be of help to some....and its free :)

#40     Mar 14, 2002