Don, whats the word?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Babak, Mar 11, 2002.

1. That is EVERY trade that has triggered from his list this month....not just the winners....ALL OF THEM. Each night he posts a list with speficic entry prices and targets and protective stops. I'm not saying that they all work out on the button, but nothing compares to what this dude does. If you look near the bottom, I did ADVP. It popped up a point from the entry....I didn't scale and it dropped....so, I lost on that trade. Again, this isn't tick trading...but position trading. If you have the inclination, go pull the charts of them all and see how they did for yourself AFTER they triggered.

#21     Mar 12, 2002
  2. BackDoc

BackDoc

Am I the only one who finds it rather odd that all of these sites like "momentum", "Shortboy" and "Realitytrader" get so many people coming on with one or two posts under their belt, and the only thing they use the board for is to violate the terms of use and try to recruit members. I suspect that the site operators are the ones making these posts, probably since they can't make enough money either with their own trading or with their sites to do the right thing and pay Baron to solicited members. I'm starting to think these guys have the integrity of Al Capone.

#22     Mar 12, 2002
  3. not a site operator....just giving the chap some credit. To be honest, I don't care if he catches his meals at a "soup kitchen."

#23     Mar 12, 2002
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I do understand.... according to the records...
    the guy NEVER had a losing trade or bad call
    in his entire career... I note that in many of the
    charts that the three day gains are left blank...
    checking on a few of these it is clear that the
    three day would yield a significant loss....

Since the entire strategy is based on breaking
    resistance (rather than support)... which means all
    the trades should be longs.... I will make
    the assumption that anything marked as short
    was really a losing trade....so let's take February 2002,
    everything listed in red (a short) is a loser... this
    means the strategy lost any person that followed
    it a huge amount of money...

So in summary.... if a website expects to be believed
    they better show a standard ratio of losing trades
    and explain the money management rules they used
    to minimize the losses.... otherwise the standard
    "Snake Oil" stamp will be applied by the knowledgeable
    trading community.

BTW... hurry up and sign up for $55 per month via
    paypal..... so you don't miss out on any big profits.

- Greg

#24     Mar 12, 2002
  5. I seriously hope you're kidding. The picks colored in red are all short picks. You sound like Don Bright....bashing everything in site but his own garbage. Is this Don? Come on now...come up with something better.

#25     Mar 12, 2002
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

To an extent I was kidding...
    but if no losing trades are shown
    and the tables are marked resistance
    rather than support.... then you can only
    assume that everything in red is a
    losing trade that was meant to be
    a long until it went south and was
    marked as short (and converted to
    the winning column).

BTW ... I don't sell diddly-squat and
    don't work for a prop firm... I do tell
    it how it is ... and SNAKE OIL is
    SNAKE OIL until proven otherwise...

- Greg

#26     Mar 12, 2002
  7. From the homepage, he lists a sample page of how it's all formatted. Unfortunately, no shorts on it to show:

http://www.momentumstockplays.com/Archives/101101.asp

From that, what is "snake oilish" about it? Pretty cut and dry to me.

I'm not exactly sure what the difference between "snake oil" vs "non snake oil" is. Maybe it is snake oil in its prime, but until I start losing money, I'll stick with it. Again, I'm new there.....only been there 2 1/2 weeks now.

#27     Mar 12, 2002
  8. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

WOW WEE momentum, now that's what i call performance.. A+. is this to be believed? is this real? anyone else can confirm this?

#28     Mar 12, 2002
  9. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

how does it work? ...momentum picks the entries and you are responsible for the exits? you mentioned protective stops, how do they work?

#29     Mar 13, 2002
  10. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

it appears to me the reason there are no losing trades listed is that it is logically impossible with their method of recording performance. Every trade that breaks resistance/support is a winner by definition. at this moment the trade is now net positive and in the $$$$ and considered a winner if even only a nickle because the trader could have made $$$$ if he exited then.

i'll bet they don't call exits do they? they let that up to you to get out. what about it Alpine, do they call exits???

#30     Mar 13, 2002