Don Miller Trading Style

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by benwm, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Mitch83

Mitch83

Yes, Don has a trading method where you potentially piss away your hard earned profits of the last 2 years in just one day (or completely blow up, who knows how devastating the next 10-Sigma event will be? Lets's be honest, Don was just lucky during the flash crash). You can manage your risk with size during normal times all you want, but this all is worthless if you can't or don't do it in extreme times (and these "Black Swan" events come more often than they should). Here you see a good example of someone who hasn't understood the true risk involved in trading (and btw this is a big difference to Poker).

#21     Jul 9, 2010
  2. Don't know about you guys, but anyone that didnt see the potential for extreme ugliness HOURS before the actual flash crash has to be a complete moron.

You'd need something more like a nuke going off to give back 2 years of pay, and you might even be on the right side of such an event. Unless you live where the nuke is.

I tend to give Miller the benefit of the doubt, but there was precious little meat to the blog (for free) unless motivational sermons are your thing.

#22     Jul 11, 2010
  3. Miller says he never loses anymore.

Minting money day and night.

And you?

Dpnt even know why the markets bother to open, they could just pay him 20 million a day to tell them what the price should be and save all the bother.

#23     Sep 22, 2010
  4. Miller reports another winning day. 3 weeks of minting money.

Dunno, you'd think there would be 100 million a year in that kind of trading.

#24     Sep 23, 2010
  5. 1000's of posts about the most inane crap, but very little interest it seems in a guy that killing it.

not surprised.

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.

#25     Sep 27, 2010
  6. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

You a d-bag. Miller is one of the few real deals.

a trader that posts trades real time trades with other traders. shows pnl, shows charts, talks about losses, reveals his charities with proof, shows you his system, talks about failures as well as good happenings, has a stable family and kids going to Ivy League,

what the hell else do you want. ? really,, really. What more would you want from a guy who gives that all for free.

You are the usual shit talking anonymous poster. go get a life bud.

EF

#26     Sep 27, 2010
  7. I really wish to believe in the guy. I just find it difficult to buy-in to a near 100% success rate.

I too have searched his blogs for something substanitive and cannot. if there is someone here who has found some depth then please direct me.

i stopped checking in with his blogs after the flash crash. The reason was simple. He just happened to change his style and volume that day to avoid a disaster. It just seems too good to be true that no matter what he comes out smelling like a rose.

I agree with the post that stated if you put our $1500 for his course and get something out of it then it was worth the money to you.

His basic justification for not providing a guarantee of any kind is that it will get abused. So what, he makes so much money trading that even if 50% of the people buying it wanted their money back, then what is the big deal.

If he were making as much money as he states than how is it that the cost of college education would have been such a burden to him.

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, but the guy seems just too good to be true and it just appears not to be money well spent.

#27     Sep 30, 2010
  8. Point me to all this proof you state is available and I too might become a convert.

I havent found it.

#28     Sep 30, 2010
  9. ah so much for keeping it professional.

1) i have searched his blogs and his educational website, and i have found nothing substanative to evaluate. so please point me in the right direction.

2) if he is making so much money then
    - why did he feel it was such a burden to pay college tuition
    - why is he so afraid to offer a guarantee on what he sells, or at the least a preview of the material, not just the syllabus.

i am very skeptical of someone who claims such a high rate of success contrary to industry statistics and who remarkably on the day of the flash crash, decided he wasnt going to trade his normal size and there fore averted a disaster.

just seems a little too good to be true.

#29     Sep 30, 2010
  10. Miller references some 'bashing' going on. Can't believe he'd be talking about any of the penny ante stuff on Et, but can't find anything else using Google.

Does anyone know of a bashfest?

#30     Nov 25, 2010