Don Miller Trading Style

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by benwm, Jul 8, 2010.

1. benwm

benwm

i hear you, sounds good, then I work through the maths
    1st lot -30 pts, 2nd -25, ...5th -10, 6th&final -5 = -105 points
    stop out and walk away...gulp!
    on its own perhaps this isn't enough, but if we do this only on the mornings after a strong trend day, hey presto, do we have a system??!
    :D

i'm skeptical(!), perhaps its enough with a big bankroll...

but my friend, we have made a start to DM++...

#11     Jul 8, 2010
  2. VinMan

VinMan

Why did Don stop blogging? Did he stop trading also? I just started following his blog and thought it was very good.

#12     Jul 8, 2010
  3. benwm

benwm

It was good but he was blogging for two years and I think he felt he was running out of things to say...perhaps he wanted to go out on a high...I'm fairly sure he hasn't quit trading, maybe the blogging took his focus away though, quite time consuming I guess

I wouldn't mind doing my own blog one day, but I'd try and make some money out of it with some advertising or plug a book :)

#13     Jul 8, 2010
  4. southall

southall

his blog was hot air.. never once did he post a blotter or even a chart of his trades for the day or why he took them.

the blog was just cheap marketing to suck in the suckers for his webinars videos and expensive training.

his jelly class is probably full up for the rest of the year so he doesnt need the blog for now, probably will start it back up when he is low on new suckers.

#14     Jul 8, 2010
  5. The fakest guy one et is saliva on the et board. Theres maybe 1 out of 500k people that can make money scalping 20-40 lots with 1-2 pt stops like him yet he claims to have 25k days.Black boxes have made it near impossible to micro scalp anymore

#15     Jul 8, 2010
  6. +1. I fail to see the need of one more thread on this person or his marginally useful topics. I am sure the OP thinks he is providing a service (and hoping he is not shilling). Perhaps his statement about people ruining other Don Miller threads would be that some saw through this and so commented, and he did not like that? :cool:

#16     Jul 8, 2010
  7. benwm

benwm

I don't know Don personally, but the other threads descended into a bit of a farce, don't you think? maybe this one goes the same way, probably, but worth a try, lets give it a shot..

Criticism of Don Miller's techniques and methods is fine of course, better if it is non personal and facts provided to prove claims...the aim of this thread is to learn about his trading style, whether it is transferrable

first of all, I need to get a handle on what exactly IS his style...
    it is very different from what I do, my motivation is purely selfish, but it can be win-win for everyone, maybe we all learn something

call it a civil 'free for all' if you like, not a tennis match with one side demanding account statements and the other side not contributing

I'm looking at few different styles and methods right now, quite willing to cut losses if its all hot air, but for now keeping an open mind..

#17     Jul 8, 2010
  8. gaj

gaj

he had a course through tradingmarkets, how i trade the eminis, from around 2002. i have the strategy involved somewhere around here - any idea if he still uses it?

#18     Jul 8, 2010
  9. his style is very similar to robert hoffmans from powercharting.

#19     Jul 8, 2010
  10. benwm

benwm

Thanks, I believe there are a few free youtube videos of him around, I'll check it out.

#20     Jul 9, 2010