Don Miller style traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bobcathy1, Oct 29, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I was looking for other graduates of the Don Miller classes, and videos? Would like to exchange ideas, questions and other assorted stuff? I have been using his "system" for a few months and it works well for me on SPY and QQQ. I am learning to trade EMinis now. I like it because it is simple.......Cathy

2. no offense, but do you work for Don Miller or something? most of your posts seem to relate to him or his methods.

3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, not at all. I just like his method and have been looking for others who trade it.:)

4. Mir

Mir

BobCathy,

I don't know much about Don's techniques, other than the occasional advertisement from Trading Markets.

Could you say something about the effectiveness of his method, teaching style, etc? Any results?

Alternative, is there a place where I could pick up some of this information, not as a salespush but as a more objective description and evaluation?

Your personal experience with this would also be very welcome.

Thanks. :)

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

The actual method is really simple. Depends on if you want to swing trade or day trade. I day trade and these are my settings. I use a 3 and 13 minute chart with a 5 and 15 MA. Bollinger bands that are set wider than usual and slow stochastics. Whenever the two MAs cross you trade watching the stochastics and Bollingers for potential premise failures.
    My favorite one of his series is the Emini CD and online course. It has a lot of information on it and is easier to access than a video tape for reveiw.:)
    It is an easy method....but the human tendency is to overthink it. I have decent results when I am relaxed. If I am nervous and jump too soon, I break even.
    I have been using it for 4 months, so I am still trading small amounts during the day.
    The results using a daily chart however work very well.

6. cathy.... interesting system.... what kind of weekly points has the system been generating for you???

7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Larrybf,
    I never recorded it in those terms. I am accurate about 75% of the trades on average. I wait for the best set ups as I will eventually be translating this to the extreme leverage of Emini Futures and so you trade less with more leverage. So I do not trade every cross by a long shot. I make a sallary every single week though.

Summer trading as a rule stinks and I stay away.
    I also do not trade lunchtime, or non-market hours.
    Those three things are fatal to your bottom line.

8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Mir,
    If you go to www.tradingmarkets.com and go to the TM University tab and then go to the line that says Don Miller......there are 11 articles by him that give you the basic set ups of his charts and his ideas. You can get a free two week subscription so you can print these for reference.
    I have a paid subscription so I can get his column every day, along with the Columns by Haggarty and Floyd. The interday numbers Floyd gives really are helpful. He is a HVT like me.......

9. all i can say is that if you can trade a 75 % accuracy win loss ratio with the size of your winners equal to your losers, i am impressed! Duplicate those statistics with the emins and eventually you will be making much more than a weekly salary. BEST OF LUCK.

10. Does this Don guy have some association with the trader who runs Undergroundtrader.com? It sounds like very similar setups.

#10     Nov 2, 2002