Don Imus should have been fired

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Apr 14, 2007.

1. nitro

nitro

Huh :confused: ?

I don't click on the uTube link to it either? If one does, it s because one want to see the gossip.

The choice is still yours/ours to see the content or not, regardless of the medium used to send it.

nitro

#31     Apr 16, 2007
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

You seem insistent on missing the point that if something is controversial enough, it's going to get in the news.

Like you said, if you don't like the show (in this case, the NEWS), then turn it off.

#32     Apr 16, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

first off....he did apologize and too much i think..second they had suspended him for 2 weeks and cbs was going to do nothing...it is when they started pulling the plug that they eventually let him go; and they pulled the plug becuase sharpton said he wouldnt leave until imus got fired...so it really doesnt matter what imus could have done differently for the outcome would have been the same...with the exception of not saying what he said in the first place...

#33     Apr 16, 2007
  4. nitro

nitro

Watching the news about Imus getting fired is not the same thing as watching some guy spew racist crap, i.e., watching Imus. Further, if the newscast is tactful, it will put the story in a tactful way!

Do you see the distinction? I don't know how to put it any simpler.

nitro

#34     Apr 16, 2007
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Based on your initial post ("What I have never understood about these conflicts is: If the show offends you, why do you turn it on and watch it or listen to it?"), it looks like what's bothering you is the fact that this issue is news in the first place.

The reason it's news is:

Imus >>> YouTube >>> newsmedia

If the news offends you, why do you turn it on and watch it or listen to it?

I don't know how to put it any simpler.

#35     Apr 16, 2007
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

People who go looking for excuses to be bigots are going to be bigots regardless. So stop acting like it's the fault of people you're prejudiced against already that you act like an asshole towards them.

#36     Apr 16, 2007
  7. Sam321

Sam321

You miss the point. This has nothing to do with Imus, him getting fired, or racism. It’s about reinstating the Fairness Doctrine so the Left can shut down talk radio and eventually place curbs on the internet, as a means to re-take their media monopoly to control the American Mind like Mao did with the Chinese and Stalin did with the Russians.

Show me a racist person, and I will show you ten who fear the freedom of speech.

#37     Apr 16, 2007
  8. Cesko

Cesko

There are victims of all races in this Bushized nation, but klanboys like you only see one race.
    Bushized, klanboy....., this is too old of a cliche. Care to get little more clever?
    I don't know how many times I got called klan..,bush whatever by so called "progressive ones", at the same time you (of all types of people) are so quick to call others bigots.
    No matter how sophisticated you (and your kind) fancy to think of yourself, in reality, you are highly predictable simpletons.

Now I am going to declare myself a victim so I can start demanding favors from assholes in Washington.

#38     Apr 16, 2007
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

That's not the point madmunny was making, but thanks for the non sequitur into your paranoid delusions all the same.

#39     Apr 16, 2007
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Why not? You've already played the victim card while accusing others of doing the same:

In this fucking country everybody is a "victim" unless you are while male then it's an open season, no mercy for you.

Yeah, every White male in this country is suffering oppression, including Bush and Cheney.

Dude, you got your head so far up your ass, you can't see daylight. Get help. Please.

#40     Apr 16, 2007