Don Imus should have been fired

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Apr 14, 2007.

1. The I-Man's schtick was that he was playing the role of a grouchy old Kermudgen who attacked the rich, powerful, and popular in ways they werent used to. The time he emceed the newscasters event and attacked the Clintons sitting right next to him was an all time classic. Imus admitted to being an addict and a drunk who was no saint. This whole affair was mishandled when he apologized to Sharpton. He should have only apologized to the team, and then used the Sharpton visit to attaking Fat Al for his hipocricy. ABC shoukd pick him up ASAP.

Rennick out:cool:

#21     Apr 16, 2007
  2. He said he could go back to work tomorrow for more money and TV simulcast. He's going to take the summer and work the ranch.

Told you he wouldn't go quietly.

And David Gregory on Msnbc today in Imus' spot. What a wos, whoos, Pussy.

Iman may not do the racial stuff, but he sure has some scores to settle with there guys who are on all the time and now it's, "oh, I only listened for five minutes before I came on. I didn't know it was like that." Right.

#22     Apr 16, 2007
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

It was "mishandled" because he didn't, and probably still doesn't, feel like he did anything wrong. It took him two days to apologize. The day after he insulted the team, he said "I don't understand what the problem is, really." Look it up for yourself.

You're right, he should have only apologized to the team and told Sharpton to go pound sand, but not feeling any remorse, he didn't know the right thing to do.

Why would ABC want to hire a fuckup who can't handle a straightforward apology?

#23     Apr 16, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

do you honestly think had he been sincere as you say this would have had a different outcome?? hahahahaha....sell this guy some swamp land por favor..lets put it this way..had the sponsors not buckled to sharpton and thugs imus would still be calling them "Nappy headed ho's "

#24     Apr 16, 2007
  5. fhl

fhl

mark steyn in his 4-15 column:

"Apparently, when two hip-hoppers are up on stage doing their "Who was that ho I saw you with last night?"/"That was no ho, that was my bitch" shtick, they're just keepin' it real. When a white guy does it, he's just keepin' it real unlikely he'll find gainful employment again."

#25     Apr 16, 2007
  6. ""there are assholes in this world and you cant really control what they say or do; you can only control how you view it or react to it."

Bravo!

Kutman, your reply to Cesko took you right down into the mud. I was surprised and disappointed.

#26     Apr 16, 2007
  7. nitro

nitro

What I have never understood about these conflicts is: If the show offends you, why do you turn it on and watch it or listen to it?

I understand the debate of public airwaves vs pay for tv or radio. But other than having children's minds being polluted by this crap, as adults, who cares? Let them say what they want - just don't tune into it, and if you do and like being racist etc, well then that is your choice to be that way, ugly or not.

nitro

#27     Apr 16, 2007
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Let's put it this way: Imus had a window of opportunity in which he could turned this whole thing largely to his advantage.

He had the microphone and the camera, so had he been sincere or even just clever enough to realize that the targets he chose were the wrong ones, he could have said something like

"Look, yesterday I went over the line and said some awful things about some decent young ladies that were uncalled for. Worse, I used some racially loaded language from the rap culture that I should have realized was totally inappropriate. I would like to ask those young women for the opportunity to apologize to them in person and to assure them that nothing like that will ever happen here again."

He could have cut Sharpton & Company off at the pass, had he just realized that he had gone too far in his shock jock schtick. If Sharpton still came out later to get him fired, Imus could have (had his staff done the research) pointed out why Sharpton was unqualified to be pointing fingers at anybody else (Tawanna Brawley, etc.)

But he totally blew it by legitimatizing Sharpton, going on Sharpton's show, and delivering a late apology loaded with excuses like his charity work and his support of Harold Ford. Weak.

He still might not have saved his job(s) but he would have come off looking vastly better than he has.

#28     Apr 16, 2007
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Welcome to the age of YouTube.

It doesn't matter if you saw a program firsthand anymore; if it's controversial, somebody's going to put it on the net. Then everybody gets to weigh in on it.

Get used to it.

#29     Apr 16, 2007
  10. the funniest part about all this is that it was an off-handed remark made to intentionally offend people as this is what shock-jocks do....it was not a racial slur and should not be viewed that way...if it had been a group of fat chicks and he called them fatty hoes there would not be this huge uproar.

but the best part is now when ever anybody wants to insult a black lady out comes the old handy "nappy headed hoe" insult that would never have been used again if it wasnt for that bag of shit sharpton and his goons.

you idiots that are going off on imus are just compounding the problem of racism 1000% times more that imus ever could....now every person who isnt black is just thinkin to themselves....oh god the blacks are whining again.......

but i guess if sharpton didnt stick his dumbass nose into these situations and make them 1000 times worse than they really are....what the fuck good would he be?

#30     Apr 16, 2007