Don Imus should have been fired

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Apr 14, 2007.

1. I shouldn't have said "morally". I only meant legally. Thank you for calling that out.

#11     Apr 15, 2007
  2. pattersb

pattersb Guest

Should Imus be sent to rehabilitation?

Who should expect an old-ass-white man to know the proper use of the term "Hoes", HE IS NOT SNOOP DOG! A media circus created to create more "racial dialogue", but more so for ratings.

Imus was fired at the discretion of his bosses. apparently, few if any of the most powerful people in the world who regularly appeared on his "offensive" show over the decades, democrat or republican, supported him, in fact, if I remember correctly JACK WELCH was on with frequency, which was probably a good indicator that they would be hard-pressed to appear again.

Management may have been looking for a means to can him, his show didn't have the best of ratings.

cut the hypocrisy with a chain saw indeed, just another white scapegoat ... this probably hasn't helped blacks much

(I found it funny at the end of Meet-The-Press when Eugene Robinson, a black journalist, had a good laugh about the "Cardinel", a grossly-offensive parody of a catholic caridenel that happens to be very funny ......)

:p :p

#12     Apr 15, 2007
  3. By KINKY FRIEDMAN
    April 15, 2007 -- Author, musician and former Texas gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman has been friends with Don Imus since 1975, when they met on stage at The Bottom Line.

I MET Imus on the gangplank of Noah's Ark. He was then and remains today a truth-seeking missile with the best bull-meter in the business.

Far from being a bully, he was a spiritual chop-buster never afraid to go after the big guys with nothing but the slingshot of ragged integrity. I watched him over the years as he struggled with his demons and conquered them. This was not surprising to me.

Imus came from the Great Southwest, where the men are men and the emus are nervous. And he did it all with something that seems, indeed, to be a rather scarce commodity these days. A sense of humor.

There's no excusing Imus' recent ridiculous remark, but there's something not kosher in America when one guy gets a Grammy and one gets fired for the same line.

The Matt Lauers and Al Rokers of this world live by the cue-card and die by the cue-card; Imus is a rare bird, indeed - he works without a net. When you work without a net as long as Imus has, sometimes you make mistakes.

Wavy Gravy says he salutes mistakes. They're what makes us human, he claims. And humanity beyond doubt, is what appears to be missing from this equation. If we've lost the ability to laugh at ourselves, to laugh at each other, to laugh together, then the PC world has succeeded in diminishing us all.

Political correctness, a term first used by Joseph Stalin, has trivialized, sanitized and homogenized America, transforming us into a nation of chain establishments and chain people.

Take heart, Imus. You're merely joining a long and legendary laundry list of individuals who were summarily sacrificed in the name of society's sanctimonious soul: Socrates, Jesus, Galileo, Joan of Arc, Mozart and Mark Twain, who was decried as a racist until the day he died for using the N-word rather prolifically in "Huckleberry Finn."

Speaking of which, there will always be plenty of Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons around. There will be plenty of cowardly executives, plenty of fair-weather friends, and plenty of Jehovah's Bystanders, people who believe in God but just don't want to get involved. In this crowd, it could be argued that we need a Don Imus just to wake us up once in a while.

There probably isn't a single one of Imus' vocal critics who come anywhere close to matching his record of philanthropy or good acts on this earth.

Judge a man by the size of his enemies, my father used to say. A man who, year after year, has raised countless millions of dollars and has fought hand-to-hand to combat against childhood cancer, autism, and SIDS - well, you've got a rodeo clown who not only rescues the cowboy, but saves the children as well.

I believe New York will miss its crazy cowboy and America will miss the voice of a free-thinking independent-minded, rugged individualist. I believe MSNBC will lose many viewers and CBS radio many listeners.

Too bad for them. That's what happens when you get rid of the only guy you've got who knows how to ride, shoot straight and tell the truth.

#13     Apr 15, 2007
  4. I saw that Meet the Press. The odd thing is, some of Bernie's bits shocked me, of course only because they were on TV.

For example, as Cardinal Egan, he would do, "Time to play which one doesn't belong. Hillary Clinton, Jenna Jameson, Don Imus." And Imus would go "well, of course, me." Bernie would reply" wrong you shriveled up old stooge, it's Hillary Clinton, because unlike the other two, she'd never had a man blow a load in her face." Now I thought that was a bit over the top, and I couldn't understand how they got away with it. But he did a variation of that everytime, and noone would say a word. Ten minutes later, Harold Ford would come on.
    I guess it was just time.

I will say, how easy it is to make a mistake. I had to check my own post about the "morally" part. That's how easy it is to err. I was shocked I did it. And like they say, Imus lived on the edge. It was going to happen. they keep saying,'out of a job'. He made 10mm a year. It's not like he's one of the Circuit City 3500.

#14     Apr 15, 2007
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Trying To Have It Both Ways, Part 1:
    What Imus said was inexcusable, but let's drag out the "rappers do it too!" excuse anyway.

Trying To Have It Both Ways, Part 2:
    What Imus said was inexcusable, but now let's call it a mistake (i.e., unintentional, and therefore probably excusable afterall.)

The last time kut checked, what made us human was opposable thumbs and brains capable of abstract thoughts. Animals make mistakes all the time. I certainly hope it takes more than screwups to make us human.

Trying To Have It Every Which Way:
    What Imus said was inexcusable, but now the victims of Imus' latest attack should just suck it up and accept racial and sexual put-downs from a great man who rightly should be in the same company as Jesus Christ and Socrates, by God!!

Hell, not slinging the n-word around is just that ol' godless commie political correctness all you minorities and pinko hippies is allus cryin' about. Now get back to the back of the bus and shut up. I got some watermelon jokes I wanna lay on ya.

Yeah, nutmeg, Professor Kinky has got me convinced.

#15     Apr 15, 2007
  6. Cesko

Cesko

What Imus said was inexcusable, but now the victims of Imus' latest attack

What fucking victims, nitwit? Any time anybody gets insulted he is a "victim"?
    In this fucking country everybody is a "victim" unless you are while male then it's an open season, no mercy for you.
    You are an idiot and now you can go to cry, moan and complain you've been "victimized".
    If I had a power it would be mandatory for every fucking American to go to live and earn living in any country with less then $5,000 GDP per head. It would teach idiots like you about life priorities what's important and what's not. Victims, my ass!!!
    You were sheltered and well protected all your life weren't you?? I can hear you now bitching about harshness of life in the U.S., please spare us. I would like to call you an idiot again but I won't, I don't want you to get a nervous breakdown or even worse!

#16     Apr 15, 2007
  7. Victims are everywhere. Need somma that media pr spin and Imus will be a victim.

Disclaimer, I didn't read the article.

"Alton Maddox: Nifong is a white racism victim

Michael Gaynor Michael Gaynor
    January 29, 2007

Wikipedia: "Alton H. Maddox, Jr. is a lawyer who was disbarred following his involvement in the Tawana Brawley hoax. Maddox, C. Vernon Mason and the Reverend Al Sharpton were successfully sued over the matter and ordered to pay damages to Steven Pagones, the assistant district attorney [they] defamed."

It figures that Mr. Maddox is championing Durham County, North Carolina District Attorney Michael B. Nifong as a hero being destroyed by white racists."

cont on link..

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/gaynor/070129

#17     Apr 15, 2007
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

#18     Apr 15, 2007
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

Not only has it not been the first time it will also not be the last..."They" used Imus like a puppet ( not that he didnt deserve it ); "THEY" being Sharpton and the thugs they use to extort money from the sponsors. You better wake the f**k up homey and smell the coffee. This goes on daily in the black community and you dont hear even so much as a peep. Russell Simmons quote is a joke...feel it my ass...With so much going on I cant believe the media let the hype get out of control. "Victims" ...are you kidding me?? If this offended these woman you also should give them a shot of "wake the F**k up and smell the coffee" as well. The businees world and life will chew them up and spit them out..

nutmeg asked if this was our daughter what would we say...id say..

"there are assholes in this world and you cant really control what they say or do; you can only control how you view it or react to it. Now; go on and get your 15 minutes of fame honey you are on TV.".....:D

#19     Apr 16, 2007
  10. I-Man is that you???

Rennick

ps. nice post:D

#20     Apr 16, 2007