Don Bright's trading strategies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rtharp, Nov 1, 2001.

1. While I am against anyone charging a grand for a "business
    partner" - I understand that training is "optional".
    I almost went with Bright last year (only because they must
    clear with Chicago SE - I did not.) I share his sentiment and
    we are not alone, that akin to US intelligence, trading is top heavy in technology prowess and lacks brain-power. While the order entry system has to be dependable - it's not everything. I rather have a system that's more bullet-proof than new and savvy. There is no substitute for your 'gray matter'
    despite the common US misconception.
    Please - excuse the 'warm' welcome here and post some free
    trading ideas :D

#11     Nov 2, 2001
  2. Rigel

Rigel

I'd like to hear some trading strategies too. After all, that's what this board is all about. Helping each other to become better traders.

#12     Nov 2, 2001
  3. Given his lack of response (so far), it seems that Don was more interested in going off topic (by using generalities on trading strategies as a smokescreen to evade the genuine questions of Elitetrader members) ... Well, Don, you now have this ENTIRE thread to elaborate in more detail those strategies which you seemed so intent on touching on... Don, if you help others with the fine detail of your firm's strategies in this thread, maybe people would seriously consider your firm and maybe people would seriously re-consider a seemingly widespread perception of your ulterior motives... Gene Weissman (of Lieber & Weissman), Alan Farley (of Hardrightedge.com) and Tony Oz (of Stockjunkie.com) have generously shared on this Elitetrader.com and have gained the respect of many people here, by sharing knowledge on the markets (never evading questions and often helping people directly by phone/email without asking for anything in return)... surely it isn't too much to ask you, Don, to use this thread to share those strategies that you kept on referring to? Sharing, Don, is the purpose of Elitetrader.com... the more you help others the more people will look favorably upon possibly trading with your firm. By sharing your firm's preferred trading strategies, people will be able to deduce whether or not your firm is suitable for them... but by simply marketing your firm and evading genuine questions on a thread that YOU started, you cannot expect people to respond favorably... surely, you cannot disagree with that premise? I respectfully urge you to reconsider your silence and to participate on this board ... the thread starter, RTharp is a highly respected member of this forum (who happens to be the son of a Market Wizard), and he has not asked too much of you.

#13     Nov 4, 2001
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Excellent post candle, I was trying to contain my cynicism regarding Don's true purpose for posting at Elite, and I guess we will see what happens. I have seen him make his pitch a few times (most recently at the Anaheim Expo) and when it comes to marketing his firm he is relentless and takes no prisoners.

#14     Nov 4, 2001
  5. I got the impression from another post that Don wasnt all that great a trader in which case discussing strategies wouldnt be his forte. Did I read that wrong?

#15     Nov 4, 2001
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

I think you're right Nic, I got that impression too, but I have to assume that Don is still quite familiar with the various trading strategies of his firm.

#16     Nov 4, 2001
  7. i would just like to point out that this thread was started last Thursday evening.. perhaps Don doesnt "work" on weekends.. some of us are diehard junkies but some people prefer to seperate trading and their personal lives.. maybe we should give the man an opportunity to respond next week before we get too negative.. just my opinion..

-qwik

#17     Nov 4, 2001
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

qwik,

some of us are diehard junkies

What? Are you saying I have no personal life? Hold on a minute, let me check with the wife......hmmm, she says you're right. Oh well. :)

#18     Nov 4, 2001
  9. #19     Nov 5, 2001