Don Bright's system

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by dpg2020, Aug 29, 2005.

1. actually, you don't get what you pay for

no slight to the Brights',

but it seems the game nowadays is not to reveal whether you're a paying customer or not,

it could be that the arb and automated trading systems that are in proliferation throughout all these hedge and private capital trading firms are taking the edge oiut of just about every known trading edge ever published,

or it could be that the lack of participation from all these former retail accounts really has dried up the volume and volitility in the markets,

but whatever is going on the markets do not yield the bounty that they used to and these fishing grounds have been pretty well dredged

#11     Aug 30, 2005
  2. HELP!
    I'm still struggling with Jack's system.
    I've also heard many good things about it.
    :mad:

#12     Aug 30, 2005
  3. The fish in my streams and rivers are still bountiful, perhaps it because I focus on staying one step ahead of the pack, perhaps it's because I have a multi strategy, multi market, multi time frame approach, or maybe I am just lucky and will find myself blown out here in the near future!

I really believe that when one door closes another door opens, your only limitations in the markets are capital and your creative capacity. I find that I am doing as well in these low vol market as I was doing in the 50 VOL market of 4 years ago. My volume remains close to the same as well.

Perception is reality, and if you percieve that you've lost the edge, or that all the "good" edges are arbed out, you are probably unhappy with the current market. However, if you share similar beliefs to me, then you'll realize that there are other methods that are working and continue to work in this market.

Good trading to all!

Mike

#13     Aug 30, 2005
  4. From the popular wisdoms I gathered from reading ET posts on this kind of subject, I concluded that in the market guru business YOU NEVER GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
    :cool:

#14     Aug 30, 2005
  5. Hey Mike...where's my royalty check? LOL

Don :D

#15     Aug 30, 2005
  6. Stop by my office and I'll show you the basics for free, and you will be able to see the various approaches being taken by those who actually make a living using it.

Cheaper to fly to Vegas than to pay that "Mschey" guy, whoever he is.....(Just joking Mike).

It is not a "system" - the openings are just a small fraction of a day's worth of trading....I just like new people to get started with something simple that is profitable...and then on to bigger and better things.

Don

#16     Aug 30, 2005
  7. Yes, but I changed it, but will not publish it on ET. I figured out which pair combination to hedge with to hold the unrealized at bay. I do not need to trade it at all, I am so bored....Just collecting interest in the game account and will go live in a few weeks. The best time I had this year was in that Journal, I miss it.

Michael B.

#17     Aug 30, 2005
  8. Be wary of he who comes bearing gifts.....you don't want to learn just enough to get into trouble, you want to learn how to run this
    strategy so that you CAN make consistent money with it. That means running it like a business.

It's the little things that make a big difference with this strategy.

I have to give DON props though, he does make enough to buy a few buffets and play a few hands of video poker! :D

Mike

#18     Aug 30, 2005
  9. A bunch of Texas traders sure have a lot of respect for Don's order-making and executing prowess.

Those already signed-up are looking forward to picking up some more tips on consistency at his
    continuing Fine Dining Opening Orders Series when they hook up again at the end of September
    - in Houston, this time...

#19     Aug 30, 2005
  10. Now Mike, you know that our groups make $millions with stategies that you've not seen. I'm glad you're making money and I've always given you credit, but you certainly can't compare the results of one trader over the results of so many...and heck, I see what everyone is doing, and yet never give away anything proprietary, but do share concepts.

FWIW, I only post my basic, manual trades to show new people, you know that. By the time bootcamp is over, the traders have been exposed to the advanced adaptations for the openings and the rest of the day.

And, as for me, I'm keeping plenty busy with my Portfolio Watcher with dozens of pairs....geez, almost like working (with all the homework necessary, LOL).

All the best...

Don

Still waiting for that royalties check.... :)

:)

#20     Aug 30, 2005