Don Bright's OO YTD Results-WOW!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mergerarb, Jul 16, 2003.

1. trendy

trendy

ET doesn't stand for Elite Trader, it stands for Entertainment Tonight :D

#31     Jul 21, 2003
  2. Your point is very well taken as there are many pikers in this world and fortunately there are many who are traders too.

Granted you became a member just in the past couple months and did not do an historical check of his posts prior to FLAMING Lescor. In an ironic way your statement reinforces Lescor's point. And in a way your post simply reflects ALL the unchecked EMOTIONAL responses that SOOOO many people make on this site, which I am sure shows itself during trading hours.

I have been reading this site for years, and yes it sucks having to FILTER the junk on the site but at times I think to myself that this JUNK is ok for me as a trader cause it shows me what types of mental mindsets I face during market hours.

#32     Jul 21, 2003
  3. but

in the AUGUST TASC magazine

Don Bright tells a person in his column that asks about the

winning % of traders

"WE LOOK FOR A 70 % Batting Average "

is not this a little high?

gosh ... would that make all bright traders millionaires?
    or do all prop firms get their traders to have such numbers?

I used to have those numbers too , even higher

but I was using a system that no longer works like it did

#33     Jul 24, 2003
  4. lescor

lescor

I didn't see the article, but Don has referred to that number before and I think he means win rate on trades. For opening orders, he's mentioned several times that he has about 70% winners. I can believe this since I keep very detailed stats on my own opening order trades and have consistently averaged 65-70% winners every month.

For many types of trading win rate doesn't mean much, since it's the overall expectancy of the system that matters and win rate is only one part of that equation.

As far as all traders at all prop fims winning on 70% of all their trades- no way in hell.

#34     Jul 24, 2003
  5. millionaire trader. or do they not exist anymore???

#35     Jul 24, 2003
  6. vonk

vonk

What stats do you track for OOs?

#36     Jul 24, 2003

7. i would love to see your brothers results too, but how active is he these days?

#37     Jul 24, 2003
  8. lidodido

lidodido

Hahaha! Nailed!

What's going on? Donny Bright losing it a bit? Donny used to be so slick handling the 'naysayers'. I haven't seen him squirm this much since I took a pop at him with my "Exposing one Donald Bright" thread last year. Then again, the OOs were working miracles last year. Guess it's a different story this year. 27k, LOL! (Contrast that with the spiel they give in their 'training' -- any half reasonable person giving Don -- the great 'exposer of Wall St hucksters' -- a reasonable amount of credibility couldn't fail to come away with the impression that doing OOs is a cool 100k in the bag, no sweat jack.)

BTW, I saw the original spreadsheet while it was still up. Absolutely no hint of any impropriety! Legal action? Hahaha!

#38     Jul 26, 2003
  9. Trust me when I say I know the Bright's combined P&L is huge.

I personally know Bob had an average price of around $5 on PVN, with , I believe millions of shares.

I also know he has/had 500k AOL. He told me he liked being long the stock when it was around $10, because if he wanted to slam a bid, he didn't have to buy bullets.

I don't have any knowledge of Don's P&L, but I don't think he would lie about it.

If you want to check for sure, I can give you the door security code and you can sneak in one night, break into Bob's office and look at the sheets---or are they still on Earl's desk?

But, be aware there are security cameras, so some type of turban and stocking to cover your features might be appropriate.

#39     Jul 27, 2003
  10. Don't be fooled by Don's modest P&L posts on the OO thread... figure there will be at least 8 training classes with 40 paid in each class and he's got a cool $320,000. Oh ya, have to subtract the cost of dinner and paper... so let's call it an even $310,000. :D

#40     Aug 20, 2003