Don Bright's OO YTD Results-WOW!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mergerarb, Jul 16, 2003.

1. I obviously keep track of the daily results, and yes, we disagree. The addition of fees/costs that you know nothing about translates to, at minimum, unethical behavior.

But again, thanks for the help with sponsorship of the strategy. I just don't like hearing from the REgulators, then I have to point them to my electronic sheets, where they see that everything is above board.

I simply try to help people with an age old strategy, that my "newbies" do well with, don't try to push it down anyones's throat.

I wish that all the nasayer's would stop using the strategy, then it would give us more profit potential. This is only 1 very small part of an overall winning trading philosophy.

Don

#21     Jul 18, 2003
  2. Don - I don't know you, and don't have anything against you. I know many people at ET like you, and many do not. I have been reading this thread with much confusion because I did not really understand what all of the "fuss" was about, and after reading your last post I felt compelled to respond.

You accuse the original poster of "unethical behavior" - why? By his own admission, he simply put down on a spreadsheet the results of your posts in a public forum, and added in estimated fees and costs to come up with the estimated profitability of your strategy. From what I gather reading the posts, it was a favorable view. I did not get to see the spreadsheet - did it contain deflammatory comments about you?

If not, why have you reacted so badly - initially threatening legal action and just being an ass in general? You act as if this person broke into your office, stole your private records, and posted them here on ET.

If you do not want people to comment on your activites - don't post that information in the public domain. And, again - unless I am missing something these results showed your trading is a favorable light.

#22     Jul 19, 2003
  3. You should all be ashamed of yourself. What a worthless waste of your skills and time to bicker with each other all the time. I just don't get what motivates some of you.

#23     Jul 19, 2003
  4. theres always someone like lescor on this site that only talks trash to others and usually can't trade themselves. This site is 95% pikers, thats why its usually a waste of time- look at this particular thread for example- 4 pages of garbage.
    this site would be much better without the constant bickering, backstabbing and bullshit...

#24     Jul 21, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

You mean like the fine example you just gave?

This "bickering" when uncalled for can be removed from this site relatively easily IMHO. It begins with each and everyone of us.

Refrain from answering people that you think are insulting for NO REASON. If we all did this, the bickering would go down by 50% in the first week.

Look at all the threads that are started in Chit Chat. They are all about the taboo subjects likely to get people angry at each other. Religion, Politics, Abortion, etc. They are started to create arguments, not healthy debate IMHO...

nitro

BTW, although perhaps lescor could have been more tactful, I do not doubt for one minute that he had a $900 Opening Only day on options expiration.

#25     Jul 21, 2003
  6. I know Corey (lescor) personally and he aint no picker....he is a very succesful trader...and damn good at what he does...

#26     Jul 21, 2003
  7. Why did Brother Bright blow a fuse? It's what keeps brokers and sellers of market training awake at night: fear of independent audit and verification of their claims, calls and results.

Maybe our friend with his spreadsheet meant no harm and might have even been a disciple of the Bright way, but the very idea that someone was keeping track and then had the gumption to post the record for everyone to see. That was just too much. Time to call out the attorneys and howl "foul."

What if more people started keeping track? What if somehow the collective results of market seers and prophets were collated and published, and made available to newbies coming interested in trading? It would be a dark day at Bright Trading.

This situation makes me think of a couple proverbs for Mr. Don:

"A hit dog yells."
    "Thee protesteth too much."

Cheer,

kp

#27     Jul 21, 2003
  8. Way to go Mr. Bright! You managed to turn a thread that made you look damned good into a thread that shows what an enormous ass you are! I see absolutely nothing wrong with what the starter of this thread did.

#28     Jul 21, 2003
  9. Actually, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet, Act III, Scene II.

#29     Jul 21, 2003
  10. Fits even better. :p :D

Cheer,

kp

#30     Jul 21, 2003