Don Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bighitter1, Jul 8, 2006.

1. As with every large and successful firm, there are a few who, for whatever reason, just didn't work out. Sometimes it was their extreme risk, sometimes disagreements with Bob or I, but most often, the disgruntled types are just that way. Often they are simply traders who can not, or will not, take responsibility for their actions.

My brother has backed, supported, loaned money to, many a trader who has returned the favor by breaking promises, losing excessive amounts of money, and then "get mad" when they have to be cut off...it's a sad testimony about a certain type of trader's mentality.

Thank goodness, this is a less than 1% minority, as is usually the case with this type of thing.

BTW, no one, no manager, or anyone else, has any idea whatsoever of how BT is structured...and it's kinda funny how the specualation goes on from the naysayers.

Gee, I guess it's time to post up an honest, unsolicited remark made here on ET by a long time trader.

I've been with Bright for 6 years. I would have left years ago if something better came along, it just hasn't. A few years back I was at a technology conference in Atlanta. Over a glass of wine, Don asked, “Now that you’ve been with the company for a few years, you’re probably seen the good the bad and the ugly”. I didn’t have anything negative to say at the time and till this day I still can’t say there is any bad or ugly about Bright Trading.
    Don’s a good teacher; Bob’s a great trader, Tammy an awesome president. I don’t know how many remotes Cash has but whenever I need something he’s always there. Sometimes I feel like he’s there just for me. Yes it’s a family run business but after being with them awhile they make you feel like part of it.

I thanked "Houston Trader" for the above, and I have, of course, received hundreds of nice PM's from others on the board.

Why did the 50/50 partner leave? . LOL, sorry but no big secret or conspiracy here...we simply bought out his share, and he is living large and enjoying his life...we just celebrated his "100th birthday" - (he's 60, his lady is 40).

I was hoping to keep the "Don Bright" thread under wraps for a while, I didn't start it, or any of these threads, but it always helps to show some civility in the face of anger.

All the best,

Don

#71     Jul 18, 2006