Don Bright sighting

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jem, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To OPTIONAL777:

I've noticed you, in particular, to be constantly critical of Don Bright. Forgive me if I seem naive but I'm curious as to why. He seems to be helpful and willing to answer my questions and engage in discussion. And he makes no money off of me. Do you feel he touts various strategies for the sole purpose of generating revenue for his firm? I'd really like to know. I must admit I'm curious why, if you have a good money making strategy, why you'd share it with the world and dilute its effectiveness and profitability.

#21     Apr 29, 2003
  2. Follow the bouncing ball over time, pay attention, and you will see Don's true natue.

Watch how nasty he gets when you criticize him and call him on his shit.

He is not a nice guy, it is an act. A big con.

#22     Apr 29, 2003
  3. Just one thing. I was in the office today, and although it was slow when you came by and 1/2 of the office was out to lunch....it was a distraction.
    And also curious as to why I have seen your traders in our office quite a few times before. I have seen the traders you were with today in our office quite a few times. And this was way before Jack came in.

#23     Apr 29, 2003
  4. Dustin

Dustin

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while.

Don isn't a bad guy but imagine the CEO of AMAT taking an unannounced trip to LLTC to meet some employees, and maybe check out some of their newest technologies. LLTC management probably wouldn't appreciate it. 777 can go overboard with the Bright bashing imo but he makes some valid points.

#24     Apr 29, 2003
  5. I was all over 777 this summer for his constant ripping of DB. I was under the opinion dude just needed to relax and let it go. More and more however....I am seeing why he gets so fired up. It seems very apparent DB wears to different faces...which ever suits him at the time.

#25     Apr 29, 2003
  6. The Bright boys (contrary to the name of their traveling circus) are truly the master snake oil kings! They get an A+ in marketing and promoting their scam -- and a D- in providing any useful information to even a novice trader.

I had the distinct displeasure of attending one of their week long "trading courses." Talk about landing smack dab on the island of misfit humans!! What an absolute charade! Admittedly, I'm an experienced trader, but Don assured me well in advance of my forking over $2K - that this "course" would be very enlightening even for an experienced trader.

After spending 3 1/2 painstaking days w/ a group of brain-dead flunkies listening to various windbags (Don, Earl, etc) promoting "Bright Trading" and dodging any legitimate trading question I'd had enough!! In an effort to seek out a higher brow ilk -- I did what any self-respecting trader would do -- I blew off the final days in favor of Crazy Horse and Club Paradise!!

All kidding aside -- if you're really interested in trading for a living -- these fellas have little to offer. Bob Bright, while a very good trader with much experience, has very little interest in teaching. And as for Don -- I just don't think he has much to offer.

#26     Apr 29, 2003
  7. jester

jester Guest

..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"set" ................the sound of Don setting the "hook" for another one....................lol :p

J-

#27     Apr 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.