Don Bright sighting

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jem, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don,

One of the traders just called and told me you came in...unfortunately I was not there or I would have asked you to leave myself as your visit was unexpected and a disturbance.

Since I am out of town trading at another Assent office, I was unfortunate to miss the spectacle.

BTW DON - Andover changed its name to ASSENT (no misspelling)...or maybe you did not get the memo yet.

#11     Apr 29, 2003
  2. I don't think that I ever maliciously attacked you or Dave Floyd or anyone else regarding your business organization. And, if it was construed that way, then I am more than happy to apologize. If nothing else, I try to stay on topic, and sometimes when it comes to business arrangements, there are some better than others. And, also, regulations change, business practices can be dictated by circumstance rather than by choice at times.......and I really wish you could come by and shake hands......after all, it was Dave who really helped me a few years ago with his constant dialogue about the business.....and I owe him at least a drink or two....

Don

BTW, I will be glad to answer any questions about which "pool" of money is being used by any of our organizations......the expansion continues, but the base capital is still intact.

So, come on by John.....:)

#12     Apr 29, 2003
  3. why don't you guys get a speaker phone and call each other up for an "audio pattycake session??"

:cool:

#13     Apr 29, 2003
  4. Just friendly recruiting. I would have called the cops.

You have the business ethics of a snake.

#14     Apr 29, 2003
  5. Sorry to have missed you John.....and to be quite hones, I am sure that my visit did not disturb anyone nearly as much as having your "recruiters" invade our offices....(not you personally, but your firm's.'.... We have remained civil, and I hope to continue that way....and you are welcome to visit my office anytime.

I don't "go undercover" (kind of hard to do, lol).......I just shook a few hands and left....the same thing I do at many other firms.....

Again, sorry to have missed you!! Hope you can come by the Hard Rock today.....

Don

#15     Apr 29, 2003
  6. You know the day-trading business is bad when grow men act like a bunch of 7th grade girls.

:p

#16     Apr 29, 2003
  7. Funny!!!!!

I was not aware of any "Undercover Brothers" within ASSENT!!! Have you become paranoid or what Don?

Have Eddie sent the Jet to Texas and pick my family and I up and I will be glad to have you buy me drinks.

Over and Out...

#17     Apr 29, 2003
  8. Once again, thanks for allowing me the opportunity to shed some truth to the board. Many firms, over the last few months have invaded our offices, solicited our traders, with reckless abandon. Since they don't have the ability to "grow the industry" or train traders very well, they stoop to horrible recruiting practices. I, on the other hand, have visited, quite openly, a few other firms, go to lunch with the managers to share information about "rogue traders" and new regulations, and the like. Today, for example, I am looking forward to buying lunch for the WorldCo people......

Much better than hiding behind an alias or sneaking into an office under false pretenses.....

Thanks again....hope to see you this afternoon....

Don

#18     Apr 29, 2003
  9. You continually justify your own bad behavior by pointing to the behavior of others.

Didn't you ever learn 2 wrongs don't make a right?

You can justify anything you want, doesn't make it right. Prisons are filled with people who justified to themselves that what they did was OK and right, because others were doing it too.

#19     Apr 29, 2003

10. You know the guys I mean....and I purposely did not say that you did anything like that......the "undercover brother" is obviously Jack, in your office.....which has already been taken care of via my conversations with the management. Again, you're OK in my book, and friendly competition is always welcome. Are you in the Austin office...??? How is the remote expansion doing??? Sometimes seems easier than bringing people into the offices.....

Have a great day!!

Don

#20     Apr 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.