Don Bright/PairCo in Chicago - Free

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Don Bright, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Yep, a pretty hard interogation, eh? I'm sure that I babbled on about more of our business than you did about yours.

(seriously now)...it's always good for people in our industry to share the things they can (not giving away any "secrets" of course)....and then you generally see that we are all part of a very special and small "club". IMHO

10 bottles, but geez, there were 4 of us...and they were half price, I couldn't resist.

All the best to everyone...

Don

:D

#71     Aug 23, 2006
  2. kny3

kny3

As of 5:30pm last night, "only" 2 of the seminar attendees had asked CBOE security how to get to Goldman's office on the 14th floor (CBOE is 7 stories tall). They were directed to correct building.
    What were they serving at Cactus? I knew I should have gone!

kny 3 :cool:

#72     Aug 23, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Only two guys showed up for the pair trading demo? Don, how many were at Cactus?

#73     Aug 23, 2006
  4. kny3

kny3

No, only 2 people showed up at the wrong location.
    The guard said people come by all the time looking for the Everest Room restaurant on 44 th floor. I'd have a tough time keeping a straight face with 7 story building.

#74     Aug 23, 2006
  5. nitro

nitro

I estimate there were approximately 23 people there, plus the Bright people for a total of about 26 or so.

When the guy at the entrace to One Financial signed me in, I saw that the list had at least two times that many registered...

nitro

#75     Aug 23, 2006
  6. 48 on the list, 32 non-Brights (some left after an hour or so)...Nitro is right about the approx 23 near the end....only 6 people at Cactus (which surprised me)....

Nice time for all I hope...we'll do it again...as it seems, that after my meetings with CHX and CBOE, that I'll be spending a lot more time in Chicagoland.

Nice to both "kindle" and "rekindle" relationships in Chicago.

Heading to Midway, hope to catch an earlier flight on my private jet (Southwest), LOL.

Don:)

#76     Aug 23, 2006
  7. kny3

kny3

Now when people tell me about "Nuts being served on Southwest", I'll know they are talking about Don.

#77     Aug 23, 2006
  8. nitro

nitro

I learned something and I am glad I came. Darren is a very thoughtful teacher and I was really impressed with the tools they give the traders, both in mentoring and technology.

I am really hopeful that you will be able to convince the industry regulators that instead of requiring a series 7, each firm will be able to have strict standards of their own with tests provided by the trading firms themselves. I think it is a pipe dream to believe that it will happen, but it is great that Bright is trying to lobby for changes to the current idiotic requirement that people have to study and pass a series 7 to trade professionally.

nitro

#78     Aug 23, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I can't believe only 6 guys showed up at Cactus. Wow. It was good to meet you Don. I had a good time.

#79     Aug 23, 2006