Don Bright/PairCo in Chicago - Free

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Don Bright, Aug 9, 2006.

1. tutto's italiano...

just ok...

#21     Aug 11, 2006
  2. Pabst

Pabst

For 70 years it was Staley's. Used to be a top notch place.

The area's biggest loss was Binyon's between Van Buren and Jackson on Plymouth Court. A good day on the floor was often rewarded with a bowl of turtle soup.

#22     Aug 11, 2006
  3. w/o a doubt, fewer tourists as well. Best martini in the city. I'm suprised Mav hasn't mentioned his fav, Hydrate: http://www.hydratechicago.com/

#23     Aug 11, 2006
  4. OK, now since all you guys are posting, I guess I'll set something up somewhere (real) close to the CBOe building.

Perhaps from 3-5PM within walking distance for a "fat old man" with a bad heart, LOL...meaning a couple of blocks.

I will certainly buy drinks and snacks for the crew....and then we can head back to the event....

Maybe Maverick can filter out the locations for me....(no, not Mortons, LOL)....

Don

#24     Aug 11, 2006
  5. Bump...

Hey Mav.., call me or PM me, so I can set the place for the "pre-event, event".....

Thanks,

Don

#25     Aug 12, 2006
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, I'm confused. Is this seperate from the dinner? What exactly is the pre-event event again?

#26     Aug 12, 2006
  7. You guys crack me up. It'll be nice to finally meet you. Welcome to our fair city. Make sure you post where you're planning the pre-event event. By the way, does the event have a dress code? I can't find my cummerbund. :)

#27     Aug 12, 2006
  8. Hi Don,

I think donuts and sodas don't mix. When are you gonna do free pizzas in NY? Let me know. :)

Regards,
    William

#28     Aug 12, 2006
  9. No, in fact it's been proven to cause hydroencephaly and gigantism. Refer the the NIH archive of the "Goodboy" episode of 1978.

#29     Aug 12, 2006
  10. If you guys are looking for dinner, either before or after the seminar, you should check out SkrineChops.

http://www.skrinechops.com/

Before the owner was a restauranteur he was a broker in the 30 Year pit at the CBOT. I used to buy SkrineChops by the box from the guy when it was just a side business for him out of his garage refrigerator.

They're fantastic, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Forget Mortons. For a trading-related meal, you can't beat it...

#30     Aug 12, 2006