Don Bright coming to Austin...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Don Bright, Apr 2, 2008.

1. As I responded in the prop thread. Open to suggestions.

Don:)

#11     Apr 2, 2008
  2. OK, I'm thinking 4PM on April 24th (Thursday). All I need is about 10-15 more confirmations to make a decent turnout of 35 or so. Won't know the exact location until we get decent turnout, doesn't look like a problem at this point.

Don :)

#12     Apr 2, 2008
  3. Don Bright Coming to Austin........

This sounds like a poster hyping a musical act.

"Yes, direct from his Vegas engagement where he and Brother Bob wowed them at the Holiday Inn, slayed them at the Frontier Buffet, parked cars at Bellagio, it's Don Bright. Come here Don say nice things about the competition he doesn't really mean, while at the same time, pounding out his greatest hits, accompanying himself on Guitar.

"Money"
    "Eddie Money's Greatest hits."
    "You Never Give Me Your Money"
    "Shake Your Money Maker"
    "Money Talks"
    "It Must Be Jelly, Cuz Jam Don't Shake Like That."

This is One Night, One Show, so get your tickets Early. What are the rich and famous saying about Don?

"A master of Guitar" Esteban
    "Why, I threw him my panties, and he put them on." Paris Hilton
    "Paris, you weren't wearing panties" Madonna

Yes, It's Don Bright in Austin. Be there.
    :D

#13     Apr 3, 2008
  4. Nah, we keep it simple, LOl. If you're making good money, then by all means continue doing so however.

Don

#14     Apr 3, 2008
  5. LOL (if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're a pompous ass in my opinion)...good job. However, I rarely say things I don't mean...nice or otherwise. I actually hope to meet some of the other guys, perhaps the Kershners.

May as well bring back the Don (King) Bright photo:

[​IMG]

#15     Apr 3, 2008
  6. I know that. I took some poetic license. And I've been sitting here all morning thinking of you in Paris Hiltion's panties.....uh, over your clothes of course.

And I think, looking at that picture, it' s "BUN" futures the Brights are into. You know, Cinnamon, Hot Cross...........

You're a good sport. It's great to see someone with your personality do so, so well. And that, I mean.

#16     Apr 3, 2008
  7. Baby were gonna be up five hundy by midnight!

#17     Apr 3, 2008
  8. Nothing discriminatory at all. For example, we don't bother with Forex (we use the FXE on the NYSE if we want to hedge with currency valuations). We use ADR's and ETF's. I make it out to be akin to playing poker at your own house where you feel comfortable versus going into a whole new environment and having to compete with local experts....sure, we could probably learn over time, but if the goal is to profit from trading, why not do what you know best.

Another analogy that I use often is..."If I was going to make a $million per year in a sport, and I had the choice between bowling and Ice Hockey...I would prefer bowling...much easier, and I don't have to get beat up all day" LOL.

I consider myself an economic globalist, and I have friends at foreign exchanges (Dubai, CASE, etc.), it's simply that what we do works well, and has for 30 years, and the traders seem to enjoy it. We feel we have an edge.

All the best,

Don

Edit: We trade primarily equities, very few trade S&P either, fWIW.

#18     Apr 4, 2008
  9. Just bumping up....would like to have 6 more people join us. PM or donbright@brighttrading.net with Austin in the subject line.

Don

#19     Apr 4, 2008
  10. I actually had a beer with Don here in Toronto. He is a class act and a down to earth and humorous guy. A bunch of us enjoyed time in the pub with him.

#20     Apr 5, 2008