Don Bright and a losing trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 20, 2008.

1. GGSAE

GGSAE

HaHa, i bet you don't even trade. How about we post our respective pnls of the month for everyone to see. Show your cards killer!

#21     Jan 22, 2008
  2. We have a system of interaction with each trader, his/her manager, and our main office. We make our traders aware that we have online mentoring, and advanced classes available. We ask that those who may be struggling come to Vegas and spend some time with our top traders.

(I haven't checked the other posts here, market all over the place, and a zillion instant messages from traders)...more later.

Don

#22     Jan 22, 2008
  3. OK, now I have reviewed the thread. BTW, a great opening this morning...even though I was cautious, cut size in half...in my "training" account +$1200.

2007 was a good year for us. And, let me say that I have not asked anyone to post anything here. Since over half our traders have been with us a long time, and we continue to grow that longer term base, all should be good.

I think the interaction we employ, via our pre-market call/chat and the fact that we have a pretty good risk/training infrastructure, helps considerably in keeping the traders with a positive trame of mind...and that is of vital importance, IMO.

January is not really any different, remember we try to keep ourselves hedged, and those who like volatility, well, you got it, LOL.

I do help traders "one-on-one" - and I encourage our smaller mentoring groups as well. Any struggling trader has an open invitiation to hang out here with my nephew (who manages our headquarters office), participate or "re-partifipate" in boot camp or simply share the atmosphere.

As far as someone going negative, it happens, but rarely. "Stuff" happens, but we do a good job with risk control. We share exactly how we do handle risk during our training, so no trader is going to be in the dark as to how it all works.

Anyway, good trading everyone!

Don

#23     Jan 22, 2008
  4. GodsGift

GodsGift

That would rarely, if ever happen. The risk manager would be closing your position for you once down 4-5k, if not sooner. As a sub of thier account, they are in control, no matter if they say otherwise.

#24     Jan 22, 2008
  5. No reason to say "otherwise." We monitor risk by setting our company wide monitor to pop up any account that is either down 10% of the equity, or up 20% of their equity (either way could entail excessive risk). The (very) few that pop up we generally know, but if it turns out to be someone new, we check their positions to see "why" they might be down. We evaluate the situation, contact trader's manager if need by, contact trader if need be to determine their plan for the day/week.

We have very few risk problems overall.

All the best,

Don

#25     Jan 22, 2008
  6. I've heard that, since his heart problems, Don is no longer able to swing a baseball bat to the knees, however Bob is still able to drag them into a Vegas back alley and swing away. :D

#26     Jan 22, 2008
  7. You give them the slip :eek:

• slip.jpg
      File size:
      135.2 KB
      Views:
    #27     Jan 22, 2008
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Joab you there?

Is it any surprise he disappears when i call him out on his trading? Go back to paper trading and save your posts until it resembles intelligence.

#28     Jan 23, 2008
  9. thanks for proving how much of an idiot you are. Because you truly are an idiot, you idiot.

#29     Jan 23, 2008