Don Bright and a losing trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 20, 2008.

1. take the legal process. it all depends on the situation. What you signed and so on.

#11     Jan 20, 2008
  2. You probably won't get that far unless the market has some sort of once-a-decade meltdown in minutes. Your position size would be controlled such that even if the markets tanked hard, they would feel relatively sure that they could close your positions without going down twice what you put up. That's based on what I have heard from a bunch of guys here who trade prop.

It's good to understand the difference between prop and pro.

#12     Jan 20, 2008
  3. but if a guy gets 6k in the hole,how would a firm recoup the money if cannot pay it. assuming its a regular prop/llc trading group ? i would think if its under 10k the legal costs would outweigh the legal action? i was actually thinking of backing a guy with an llc but that thought haunts me. then again the group could go under as well.

#13     Jan 20, 2008

4. The costs are under 1k and can be done real easy. A friend of mine who is a lawyer would take on a case like this for 500.00. Get a judgement in court and so on. Not much work if you have proof of the debt and failure to comply with a commitment to pay it back. About 1 hr of work and 500 an hr is not that bad

Like i said before it depends, trader was a trouble maker then they will get the guy. Nice guy down on his luck they may over look it.

#14     Jan 21, 2008
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

There is always help availbale if, one is to need it;
    there are managers, mentors, successful traders
    and buddies ( other traders).
    One should not forget, this is an entreprenurial
    endeavor thus, one should take responsibility
    for their trades and education. Should you wish
    supervision then, then seek employment not
    independence.
    Goodluck.

#15     Jan 21, 2008
  6. GGSAE

GGSAE

A trader should never be in that position in the first place, you can objectively manage risk, but there's risk managers constantly watching position sizing, that's what margin calls are for.

#16     Jan 21, 2008
  7. GGSAE

GGSAE

I believe Bright had a banner year last in 2007...450-500 traders, i really don't think the firm is hurting (with many tossing good size around). Maybe you're a disgruntled trader that did blow his account and is bitter at the firm, that doesn't mean everyone else did.

#17     Jan 21, 2008

8. the trader counter sues for the firm not providing proper risk controls, not understanding the contract, etc etc--

then costs are way more than the loss, regardless of outcome.

gotta be very very careful filing suit in these cases in my opinion.

surf

#18     Jan 21, 2008
  9. Joab

Joab

Don,

Seriously !

I use to have a lot of respect for you but do these bozo's really believe this nonsense.

#19     Jan 21, 2008
  10. the way the futures look now,don will be giving plenty of pep talks.

#20     Jan 22, 2008