Don Bright 2.0

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Android app please

me waits too!

#41     Dec 9, 2010
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Stock market millionaire? Don....now I thought you and your brother made all your money quoting dollar wide options in the early 1980's. Stock market millionaire? Really?

Kudos to getting onto the MIT campus though. I would not have thought that.

#42     Dec 9, 2010
  3. Horrible crook, along with Madoff and all the rest of the theiving fools.

Don

#43     Dec 9, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Is that really fair to call Nick a crook? The guy never profited off his trading. And his escapade started from an out trade by one of his clerks. I would NOT put Leeson in the same boat as Madoff.

Now prop shop owners on the other hand...:D

Just kidding Donny boy.

#44     Dec 9, 2010
  5. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

He lied to his employer, co-workers and clients. Fradulent reports being submitted regarding money that was not his.

He was paid the months that he was comitting fraud. Right. With the amount of money he was dealing with, that makes him a felon.

Not a crook, just a felon :D

#45     Dec 9, 2010
  6. :D :D :) :)

Don

(Man, if we don't break out of this stupid trading range, either way, I'm going to go *more* nuts).... geez.

#46     Dec 9, 2010
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Current VIX: 17.50

Don, take a trip in my Delorean back to Sept 16, 2010.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2955024&highlight=vix#post2955024

"As to the VIX and your office closings, Don I hope you are not trying to imply having the VIX at 10 is good for your business because I know for a fact it's not. I would say daytraders in equities p&l is 100% correlated to the VIX. And trading volumes are also close to 100% correlated to the VIX. I'm not trying to imply you don't have guys that can grind out a few bucks when the spoos have a 5 handle range, I'm saying it's not good business. We can surely agree on that. "

[​IMG]

#47     Dec 9, 2010
  8. Your cystal ball worked well - 24 down to about 17... the funny thing is, my brother's "JVC" group is having their best days over the last week or so...pairs are coming in....BUT, YES, I agree - our "day" traders are sitting on their hands a bit more lately, LOL.

Bob's latest and greatest is using the "live UK charts" of EUR/USD(free of course) with 1 minute (70 bar and 500 bar) right next to 10 second bar oCompared to the VIX every few seconds .... to make his trading decisions...."adapting" I guess, LOL. He's had to explain (and explain, and...etc.) to so many today as to why this is working so well - that I'm about ready to scream, LOL.

(Gotta be careful here, don't want to turn this into a Twitter page)...

Don :)

#48     Dec 9, 2010
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don...I need to stop drinking this early in the day. I thought I read that your brother was using the website "live UK charts" to get currency data. Egg nog can do crazy things to you. :D

#49     Dec 9, 2010
  10. Link from our own website - promoted by my brother:

Commodities live charts for free:
    http://www.livecharts.co.uk/

Don :)

#50     Dec 9, 2010