Don Bright 2.0

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Mav obviously came away energized from (a sneaked peek? of) the annual Bright Trading Retreat webinar, too. :D

#11     Dec 6, 2010
  2. Very good video.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jbkSRLYSojo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jbkSRLYSojo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#12     Dec 6, 2010
  3. Does Don bright have a new payout model that pays 60%? Any more info on that?

#13     Dec 6, 2010
  4. CQNC

CQNC

I think it's just there business model, and for the record, I was the "guy" Maverick was referring to, but he seems to think I'm interested in BST to make a living, when really what I want to know is how they are making their CBSX model work. I applaud their creativity, and question the ability to make a profit under those terms, but as DB knows better than anyone on here, we all have to start somewhere, and I think this is as good a model as could exist under these market conditions.

And I sincerely doubt BT would hand over much more than $50K to a rookie, considering he himself thinks 100-500 share lots is probably a safe way to learn the rules.

Maybe Mav thinks he deserves a beer for this post, but I started it, send the beer down my way. LOL.

#14     Dec 6, 2010
  5. [​IMG]
    In the holiday spirit, Mav says to have at it - plenty to go around - DB, too...

#15     Dec 6, 2010
  6. NKNY

NKNY

It's actually 80% from what I had read.... Not sure if still happening so maybe Don will chime in for you...

#16     Dec 6, 2010
  7. Good point. Although I agree with many of Don's posts, there has to be a transition point from the "100-500 share lots" to using the "million or so" of capital. Is it based on consistency of profits, is it based on the ability to properly manage risk, etc.

Still, starting out with $50k is a big step up from $10k, LOL!

#17     Dec 6, 2010
  8. Hey SJ

ItS the (working) strategies themselves that require the capital infusion. Not the number of shares actually traded. This is something far beyond what chart or set up Internet gurus Understand. Don or Mav are much more knowledgable than I in this regard. I'll step aside to await their elaboration.

#18     Dec 6, 2010
  9. Fractal

Fractal

Women, if you've wondered about this weird dynamic between Mav and Don, I'll throw some money down on an interpretation.

Maverick74 feels that he is above the riff-raff and that Don's business model has no choice but to advertise to the middle-to-lowest denominator to drum up business. Mav takes a lot of pleasure in knocking what he deems deluded populism, and Don's canned marketing replies usually confirm his suspicions about Bright's true business model.

Mav runs his risk tighter than a Mormon wife's anus. He takes serious players, but it's a small crop, and they themselves are getting squeezed in this environment. As a result of his risk management, he misses out on a lot of the dumb money commissions that piker prop firms sweep up. It's sweet, sweet money. You know it. I know it. But he can't lower himself to scour that grimy sea floor. Hence the curiosity in those that do.

Mav sees Bright as a solid, well-established, yet middle-of-the-road piker prop firm -- one that caters to better capitalized but equally deluded traders. So while he mocks Don, he also feels the compelling sweet sweet sexual draw of Don's profits. He also knows that Don's a much more stable outfit than the piker firms that go out of business in 1 year anyway.

#19     Dec 6, 2010
  10. CQNC

CQNC

I'll take the woman, Mav can have the beer. Merry Christmas.

#20     Dec 6, 2010