Don and Mav, Part Deux! (Live Chat)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, I'm much more bullish on FIA rather then the Trader Expos. But I'm going to NY on business and to meet a few traders.

#121     Jan 29, 2007
  2. I thought the Las Vegas expo was very well attended this year. Much better than the last few I've attended.

But NYC in february? That sounds cold!

#122     Jan 29, 2007
  3. Well, how about then going to Vegas (the other financial capitol of the world) in November - for the wide-open Traders Expo - to meet a few (more) traders, and while there on business[poker playing/trading-honing being deductible, too] have a live/no-holds-barred S&P 500 Emini Trade-Off with Bob Bright hisself...?

Hey, Traders Expo producers C&K Githler should give you and Don each a booth 'cause this star-studded Emini event (well-publicized all year to traders/Mav & Don fans here on EliteTrader.com) will pack 'em in for sure at the Expo.

Wha'dya say, guys?

:D

#123     Jan 30, 2007
  4. The exhibit hall had so few exhibitors I couldn't believe it. When I went I saw maybe 100 people there, besides exhibitors. Way too many "speakers" - no way for anyone to see even a fraction of them, which makes for tough decisions by the attendees.

As I've said before, the Gihtlers are extremely good at doing their InterShows - and there is hope that they can turn things around. We'll have to see.

Don

#124     Jan 30, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, there is a big difference between NY and Las Vegas. No one is going to go out of their way to go to Vegas for a trader expo. In NY, where there is a high concentration of traders, guys can sneak out on their lunch break and check it out. Not to mention it's easier to meet other traders there because they don't even have to go to the expo, they live there!!! LOL.

Personally the only good thing about these expos is the fact you can take to the software companies and get answers from them that you can't get by calling or e-mailing them because they have no customer service.

#125     Jan 30, 2007
  6. AND what do YOU know about that?

signed....

YOUR mother :mad:

#126     Jan 31, 2007
  7. Well, Vegas is the convention capital of the world, but I was just comparing apples to apples over the last few years...it seems that the expo is about 25% of what it was 3-4 years ago.

And, yes, I would run into a few 'real' traders at the NYC expo, and it was good to see some of the other firm's....but lately, very few are going, so I end up hanging out with Goldman guys all day, LOL.

But, enjoy it and let me know what you think overall...thanks!!

As I said, if anyone can revive a show, the Gihtler's sure can.

Don

#127     Jan 31, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'll take on Bob. Could we sell tickets for this event? Pay per view?

#128     Jan 31, 2007
  9. Way to go, Mav! I knew you'd be up for a head-to-head futures trading challenge with Bob Bright. Only thing is, being primarily an equities trader, I'm pretty sure Bob is fairly new to trading the ES, but I'll let Don weigh-in from here on those qualifications - or any other qualifiers/limitations/handcuffs, etc. :D

If the Githlers are as Expo attendee-smart as they've shown to be in the past (and need to be now), they'll arrange a suitable face-off platform. If Tim Bourguin and Jim Sugarman’s original International Online Trader's Expo in 1999 helped pull in mobs of run 'n gun traders featuring a pay-fer strip show (man, was she voluptuous), then accomplished straight-shooters like you and Bob Bright ought to command a $tanding room-only crowd of appreciative $easoned traders.

Let the taunts begin.

#129     Jan 31, 2007
  10. You do know that a bunch of speakers at the Trader's Expo do trade live and you can watch them if you are not interested in just a pissing match lol

:D

#130     Jan 31, 2007