Don and Mav, Part Deux! (Live Chat)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don and I will be doing another live chat on Paltalk Thursday, January 25th after the close. You will have another opportunity to learn everything you wanted to know about prop firms and prop trading but were afraid to ask. We had over 200 people on the last call which I think was capacity. I'm looking forward to another good chat. Feel free to post questions here or PM Don or myself.

2. Jduce

Jduce

Can we have details on how and where to partcipate

3. I will open a room in Paltalk, under business and finance, under "daytrading" - then look for "Proprietary Trading Forum" - and we'll be there.

www.paltalk.com it's all free. You "may" want to pay for the Xtreme service, better video and sound - plus no popups. Cheap, like $5.00 per month or something.

Don

4. lescor

lescor

Signing up for paltalk for the last chat was a nightmare. popups, spam email and their crap software hiding on my system and running in the background and I couldnt turn it off. Hotcomm is a lot better imo.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think Don has a marketing deal with Paltalk. Just kidding Don. :D

6. ratan961

ratan961

Is there a text transcript of the first chat posted anywhere?

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't think there is but the audio is posted a few different places. Someone put it up on their blog.

8. We have used paltalk for years to communicate every morning with all our traders. I think you can block the popups and add video for something like $50 bucks or so per year. I can easily act as administrator on paltalk, just makes it easier.

Since most of the discussion is audio, you can simply ingnore popups if you're getting them.

See you all next week!

Don

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK guys, we are moving the chat to Wednesday after the close. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, if you guys want to suggest topics to be discussed, please feel free to post them here.

10. ken__0

ken__0

I think you should discuss new techniques
    for nyse hybrid issues whats working and whats not.
    Maybe touch on platforms, frontend/blackbox basic software needs for prop traders.
    Also mayb touch on the differences between basic equity and futures trading

mayb make it longer then the last chat session.

#10     Jan 20, 2007