dom993trading website update

Discussion in 'Events' started by dom993, May 5, 2014.

1. dom993

dom993

I have updated the backtest results for all 3 systems up to May, 2nd 2014.

• For CLAlwaysIn, this is using v53, which introduces 2 new patterns
    • For CLSelective, this is using v12, essentially unchanged on the performance front
    • For CL151, this is using v03, tiny change in the alternate trade management (v03 uses the BE stop, v02 did not)
    Good trading,
    Dominique

2. What is the purpose of offering/selling trading systems? Do they not immediately work for you?

3. dom993

dom993

I'll answer that as a genuine question.

The purpose of offering/selling trading systems is twofold, just as is the purpose of a CTA or a Hedge fund or even a Mutual fund in managing OPM:
    - the first part of it is to make money
    - the second part is to offer other people access to a product (or service) they are not in a position to develop for themselves, either by choice (they have more rewarding ways of spending their time) or by necessity (they don't have the knowledge / skills / tools / experience required).

As for why do I want to make money this way, and what it says about my trading systems, the answer again is twofold:
    - the first part lies in the amount of capital required to make a living just trading. It is not enough to have profitable system(s), one needs enough trading capital to reach that goal,
    - the second part is that it gives me a better return on my R&D investment, no matter how much capital I deploy on trading my own systems.

To be honest, I also like the opportunity it gives me to meet people from around the world, and share with them my passion for 100% automated trading systems.

Good trading,
    Dominique