dollar strengthening against Euro?!?!?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by scriabinop23, Aug 8, 2006.

1. JUST WENT SHORT ON THE USD AND MADE ME SOME SWEET CANDY

GREAT NEWS WITH THE USD SUFFERING AT THE HANDS OF THE INFLATIONARY PRESSURES OF THE WHOLESALE LEVEL

BnB

#31     Aug 15, 2006
  2. With this PPI, we're back on track to 1.29.

BTW, that 50k position I had at 1.2885 was margin called out by accident the next day around 1.2862. I held too much other stuff... :) That was one time where margin call saved me a little.

The dollar strengthening on the terrorist scare was unexpected, but makes sense that USD is a safe haven if Europe is attacked. I'm sure the inverse would be true as well (terrorist scare in the states).

Currency betting is tough -- you have interest rate policy, world events, debt management, etc. all to deal with. I'm thinking of just going instead to spend my time on treasuries. Just a *little* bit more straightforward.

#32     Aug 15, 2006
  3. usdBull

usdBull

Oh ye of little faith.

Let's see. Signs that the economy is strenghtening and inflationary pressures may be easing slightly. Is this good for the dollar or bad?

No, No Bull its bad because the Fed will stop raising rates. Oh, I see. No advantage here. Let's see, currently USD is up by 2.25 goals. But Ms. Trichet will keep ratcheting up because of the very robust EUROZONE economy. It's really smoking you know. Just take a look a their numbers.

I hope prices move up a little more so I can sell at better levels.

Forever yours,

---bull

#33     Aug 15, 2006
  4. usdBull

usdBull

Sold some Euros this morning.

--bull

#34     Aug 16, 2006
  5. Bet you regret that now, no?

#35     Aug 16, 2006
  6. Like I said, the bulls are going to have to hold through some pain before they make a buck on any longs at this point in time. Remember timing is everything.

The Ever Pain Adverse VIPER

#36     Aug 16, 2006
  7. naz9403

naz9403

i'm still standing firm on my end of summer rally of the bear usd is coming to an end.
    I think the dollar is headed for greener pastures once the fall liquidity comes in.

And if i'm wrong i will lose money which hurts more than any name calling on the forums.

#37     Aug 16, 2006
  8. usdBull

usdBull

Not quite sure why you said this, but let's just see where we sit at the end of the month. I will bookmark this thread and come back to it.

Probably can come back to it on the Friday close this week.

--bull

#38     Aug 16, 2006
  9. usdBull

usdBull

Here's a near term prediction you guys can harass me about...

The dollar will recoup the losses sustained with the recent data today and yesterday over the next few sessions. Maybe by the end of the week, maybe sooner.

Since it is the dog days of August, I thought I would spark things up a little.

:p --bull

#39     Aug 16, 2006
  10. naz9403

naz9403

I agree:)

#40     Aug 16, 2006